John Kerry refers to American servicemen as...

Comment threads from front page posts.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Saw a quote where a Dem said (paraphrasing), "Bad enough he blew the election in '04, but now he thinks he needs to blow the one in '06?"
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hah.

Imus was right, dude's need to just shut it.

And never, ever, run for anything again.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:I wish they'd all just STFU.

A lot of people, for a long time, have maintained that Kerry is full of shit claiming to "support the troops" publicly while actually despising them privately. His little "oops, botched joke, and you must be stupid to believe I meant the words that came out of my mouth" moment was a huge AHA, I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO moment for a lot of people.

It's indicative of a deep hatred for a large portion of the American population, and this guy still got 47% of the vote in 2004. I saw it. Others saw it. Millions of others didn't.

A lot of people in this country feel the same way he does, anyway.

Which is why America is doomed.

Edited By GORDON on 1162689502
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, my STFU was directed towards politicians in general, not people complaing about Kerry's remarks.

I can see why you'd see his remarks that way, and why you'd take offense. And, you're mostly right, too. Hell, I used to think the same about military peeps, cuz all the ones I'd met (aside from my dad, grandfathers, etc) were generally uneducated, uncultured, unwordly peeps with half a brain. The thought that someone I knew from high school would go to the military was unthinkable. It would be seen as a failure.

I was wrong, but it was based on the experiences I'd had, and the people I'd met (Marines, Army, and Navy) at that point in time. I'll believe Kerry feels that way about the military, and that tens of millions of people feel the same.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I'll believe Kerry feels that way about the military, and that tens of millions of people feel the same.
Fine. Then he should just say that instead of just blowing smoke up our collective asses.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I swear to god, I have more respect for a skinhead who speaks out for his beliefs with a swastika tattooed on his forehead than I have respect for a cocksucker like John Kerry who has never PURPOSELY given an honest opinion in public for the last 30 years.

At least with the skinhead you know exactly where you stand.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:I'll believe Kerry feels that way about the military, and that tens of millions of people feel the same.

Fine. Then he should just say that instead of just blowing smoke up our collective asses.

The day every politician stops blowing smoke up all our asses, I'll care what a single one does.

Edited By TheCatt on 1162990734
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I swear to god, I have more respect for a skinhead who speaks out for his beliefs with a swastika tattooed on his forehead than I have respect for a cocksucker like John Kerry who has never PURPOSELY given an honest opinion in public for the last 30 years.

As shit currently stands, one of the qualifications for being in D.C. is being a halfway decent liar. I think it just happens that a neo-nazi pushing his agenda is best served by him saying whatever he thinks. John Kerry's agenda is best served by not telling people what he thinks.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:I swear to god, I have more respect for a skinhead who speaks out for his beliefs with a swastika tattooed on his forehead than I have respect for a cocksucker like John Kerry who has never PURPOSELY given an honest opinion in public for the last 30 years.

As shit currently stands, one of the qualifications for being in D.C. is being a halfway decent liar. I think it just happens that a neo-nazi pushing his agenda is best served by him saying whatever he thinks. John Kerry's agenda is best served by not telling people what he thinks.
Just for the record, it doesn't look like you are arguing withme.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think Malcolm's saying they're all liars in DC.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Just for the record, it doesn't look like you are arguing withme.
I'm not at all. I am saying that there's a reason for Kerry's covering up of info. He doesn't do it just cos his brain is hardwired that way.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
The day every politician stops blowing smoke up all our asses, I'll care what a single one does.
Okay, then at least be better at it. You have to admit, he sucks. He has a pretty clear record of things he's said in the past, and then turning around and trying to say he doesn't believe what he's said he believes.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

As I've always said ... Lying to me is perfectly alright provided that no one ever finds out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Integrity is kind of a big deal with me, as is my hatred of hypocracy. Some peeps need to learn to be better liars if they want me to stop loathing them and vote for them.

WHERE CAN I GET ME A FISHING LICENSE AROPUND HERE???
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think Malcolm's saying they're all liars in DC.

Next you'll say there's no Santa Claus.

Integrity is kind of a big deal with me, as is my hatred of hypocracy. Some peeps need to learn to be better liars if they want me to stop loathing them and vote for them.

Ditto for me.

Obviously, I wouldn't prefer it if they became better liars, but I do want the truth even if I don't agree with it.

Want to vote for welfare programs? Fine, but be honest with the why and list the pros and cons.

That's one thing that always irks me. Candidate A or Party A will promote a bill and list the pros, meanwhile, Candidate B or Party B will list the cons of that bill.

How about one of the parties or candidates be honest and list both?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was cleaning up and archiving dtman.com today when I remembered this post I made concerning how it is acceptable for a "certain segment of the population" to mock southerners for their history of racial segregation, but it is also acceptable for the same segment of the population to mock a member of the American military.

John Kerry made an OOPSIE and proved my point.

http://www.dtman.com/archives_2006q3.htm#20060702_1