Religion

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Do we not have a religion thread by now?

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Religion

Post by GORDON »

The older I get, the more it seems like Satan is the actual straight-shooter of the two. Tired of the "ineffable God with unknowable motivations" crap.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:55 pm The older I get, the more it seems like Satan is the actual straight-shooter of the two. Tired of the "ineffable God with unknowable motivations" crap.
Yes. I feel that's the main point of the comic. No more "this 8 year old girl died of painful cancer because it was God's will"
thibodeaux

Religion

Post by thibodeaux »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/? ... ersion=NLT

“ Satan...is the god of this world”
GORDON
Site Admin

Religion

Post by GORDON »

I've been Hail Sataning for a few years now. Peeps always assume in being funny.

Church of Satanism also has some seriously good tenets, compared to your local Christian megachurch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, btw, I'm now Reverend The Catt. God bless the Internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

Did you get ordained online like Kevin Smith?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:23 pm Did you get ordained online like Kevin Smith?
I did :) Officiating a wedding in two weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

That's fantastic.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Religion

Post by GORDON »

Bet you a dollar you can't work in the words "aluminum siding" into the ceremony.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Jesus had just warned His audience against using their eyes for lustful purposes (Matthew 5:28), so His prescribed remedy for lust—to pluck out an eye—makes sense, in a radical sort of way.
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
Does anyone really obey the Bible?
Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:41 pm Does anyone really obey the Bible?
Nobody follows any of the religious books religiously. (I couldn't resist.)
TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:41 pm But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
See, where the writer went wrong here is they should have drawn the line at acting on the intent. Why wouldn't God want people to check out the female form as it is his best work?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:38 am See, where the writer went wrong here is they should have drawn the line at acting on the intent. Why wouldn't God want people to check out the female form as it is his best work?
I mean, I agree, but I'm a flawed human cursed for eternal damnation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:31 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:38 am See, where the writer went wrong here is they should have drawn the line at acting on the intent. Why wouldn't God want people to check out the female form as it is his best work?
I mean, I agree, but I'm a flawed human cursed for eternal damnation.
As the devil, I can confirm you are headed there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

We need a like button.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Religion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Religion

Post by Leisher »

“I'm not a religious person; I would call myself an atheist. I don't have a good story behind it, I'm just reasonable.” — Anthony Jeselnik.
GORDON
Site Admin

Religion

Post by GORDON »

Replaced with.... what? Humans are scared little animals, and like to feel safety in numbers. Something is replacing it.

Groupthink with social media?
GORDON
Site Admin

Religion

Post by GORDON »

No, duh, my team/your team politics. That's it. That's why people are so passionate about their rich person with the letter behind their name.