Sahara

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

Wife and 2 youngest daughters loved it. I found it didn't suck, but that's about as far as I'd go. Very predictable in parts. Trying to make a buck on the National Treasure type theme, but a poor showing in my book. I'll be interested to see what the rest of you think.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I've read one Clive Cussler book; not this one. But it's on my shelf. I should probably read it before watching the movie. That way I can hate the movie for not sticking to the book.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just judging from the commercials, I thought it would totally suck. Windsurfing the desert with a plane wing? Ugh!

I have no plans to watch the film.
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

OH yea, I totally forgot that scene. Show how much of an impression in left on me. **Small Spoiler** to follow...

They had only been walking in the heat of the desert for about a day when they come up a crashed plane in the desert. And some how with the small tool kit on board the plane, they are able to build the wind surf thing. Yea, that was believable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I found it didn't suck, but that's about as far as I'd go. Very predictable in parts. Trying to make a buck on the National Treasure type theme...
Ditto.

They also set up sequels.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Zetleft

Post by Zetleft »

Never seen the movie, asked my Dad how it was the other day and he forgot he even saw it in the theatre and he loved the books. Very very eh movie I guess... and of course barely seems even based on the book.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I too found it ok, but wouldn't watch it again.

They did set it up for sequels, but I believe it bombed at the box office so I don't think we'll be seeing any.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

4/10.

I watched it as I recently purchased an elliptical machine, and watching movies makes working out a lot easier.

Other than that, it had no redeeming values.
It's not me, it's someone else.