Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Very woke Ubisoft makes a new Assassin's Creed game featuring Samurai and set in Japan, but has to woke it up by making the Samurai black. Their claim that it's based on reality only works in that he was a real person, but he wasn't a Samurai.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

They must be trying to cut into the market share of SPORTS_2k24.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Lots of snark and racism in the comments, duh. Still, whomever came up with this idea should do some research on what it takes to build an actual city.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The story keeps popping up on my facebook feed from 20 different sources. Now it's a battle between peeps who think there was a black samurai (or just think it's healthy if people believe there was one), who are calling the "Ummm, no, he wasn't a samarai" people butthurt white racists.

I hate the world now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:24 am The story keeps popping up on my facebook feed from 20 different sources. Now it's a battle between peeps who think there was a black samurai (or just think it's healthy if people believe there was one), who are calling the "Ummm, no, he wasn't a samarai" people butthurt white racists.

I hate the world now.
This stuff never shows up on my facebook feed for some reason.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

What's dumb is.... For example, there are at least 100 groups out there dedicated to native Americans. And after the third time I saw a picture of some natives flipping off mount Rushmore, I started blocking them. Three different pictures. And since then, I have blocked about 30 groups of native Americans that posted their own picture of flipping off mount rushmore. The other day I actually posted in one, "is this entire culture based on anger and resentment? Because that's all I ever see in these groups.". Oh man, it declared war, racism on both sides. I had to block it.

So.... The Facebook algorithm is so smart it can see when you block a thing, confuse it for interest, and show you a hundred more groups just like it.

I hate the world now. People are absolutely terrible, and it will never be as good as it is today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

My FB feed has zero politics aside from idiot family members and I don't engage. The FB algorithm sucks.
GORDON wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:49 am "is this entire culture based on anger and resentment? Because that's all I ever see in these groups."
Honestly, it's a small percentage of every race and group that are like this. They just happen to be the most vocal, and thus, are likely to run FB groups. They're also the most likely to be enabled and influenced by other social media, so "monkey see, monkey do".

The sad part is they're too stupid to understand that all they're doing is spreading more hate, division, and racism.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:29 pm Honestly, it's a small percentage of every race and group that are like this. They just happen to be the most vocal, and thus, are likely to run FB groups.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

In case you miss it, this is being said to him by black people. If you don't know, lighter skinned vs darker skinned is a thing for black people (and Asians). So while they are being racist, their jokes are hilarious, which he knows and why he's sharing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:20 pm If you don't know, lighter skinned vs darker skinned is a thing for black people
And Indians... and Hispanics... and every other culture where WHITE PEOPLE HAVE INJECTED RACISM :)
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:42 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:20 pm If you don't know, lighter skinned vs darker skinned is a thing for black people
And Indians... and Hispanics... and every other culture where WHITE PEOPLE HAVE INJECTED RACISM :)
Specifically, Trump's mean tweets caused it. So.