Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:00 pm I didn't see any reds on the screen, but I ended up in some frozen hail storm thing that slowed and killed me. Some dude got credit for the kill.
I feel like I die that way sometimes. I have no idea if it's a lag thing, or what. Maybe they tagged you earlier and that got them credit? I have no idea.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

My faction standing is 1,337,337 which makes me super leet I think.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Met a dude today who's character was named FranklynDreblin [sic], and alliance name was Police Squad.

Told me I loved his name, and he said "Surely you can't be serious?"

So I had to reply "I am serious — and don't call me Shirley"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Green had a big war against Caerleon in one of the zones just now. I'm tired of dying, and honestly just tired after the weekend I had (details some other day), but I just decided to rat as I knew I'm so tired I'd just die if I were close to the front lines.

I picked up over 600k of stuff. Most of it was garbage, and then I accidentally ended up way overloaded. Had to throw away 4 horses :) Ended up with just over 600k of random ass loot by the time I dropped enough stuff.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Lymhurst Crest price has fallen a lot suddenly, like 10%. :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

How much money do you have to have all of that and be running around for bandit pvp? That was from one player,, and I didn't even loot everything from that person, split it with another rat. I guess it's possible they looted some of that, but 3 capes? Repair bill was only 20k for some reason.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Time for me to make a youtube video: "How I made 1 MILLION SILVER WITHOUT THE GRIND"

being a rat. No wonder people do it. Sucks to be the people who rat my corpse.

Got 200k (net) in another rat session. Highlight was a Swiftclaw. Other than, mostly T4 stuff (which is nice since I wear some of those in BZ/bandit), and some resources.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Wasn't "ratting" intentionally like I do sometimes. BW + Lymhurst had a big fight at an outpost, I was healing, saw a dead, lootable body, and hit it. 500k after repairs. I'm thinking I'm just poor and everyone who plays this game is game-rich.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Was in YZ, and some red challenged me and another guy to a fight (not a duel, just an open fight), and we're like "sure." He seemed pretty confident he could 1v2 us.

So the other two people starting fighting, and wander towards the edge of the screen, knocking each other down a little. I haven't done anything at this point. So I loaded up my E skill, aim, fire, and he's out in one shot.

Dude was like "Oh man, I didn't even see it coming! lol"

Too bad you don't get anything fun for YZ fights.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Thats funny that you had found some Swiftclaws and faction capes while doing a bandit run. I had found almost just about exactly the same thing when i did this on Sunday afternoon. Did a run and there were dead bodies everywhere, it was towards the end of the run because we were running into heavy fighting with Bridgewatch. Most of the bodies were looted already but i found one that had a Swiftclaw and two faction capes, cool. A few minutes later i found another one that had a Swiftclaw and three faction capes. I was like ok, that's 500k worth of loot im gonna recall while i'm ahead. At that very moment, a group dives the few of us that were hanging around and im deleted.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:49 am I was like ok, that's 500k worth of loot im gonna recall while i'm ahead. At that very moment, a group dives the few of us that were hanging around and im deleted.
:(

So far my worst rat loot that I've died with is about 160k. Once I get 300k+, I'm outtie. I keep my horse next to me at all times, but you never know when someone's gonna run up and bomb.

Silver up to 35M now. I have kept most of my rat loot, I only sell the farmable stuff. I stick it in a special "This is stuff I can lose because I found it" chest :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

My past 3 bandit sessions - no loot/ratting, all deaths :(

I did go back out and find a small group to do bandits with after death on my last run. We took 2 regions, and the points were so high with such a small group. Got 6k for a 5-star region, 400-800 per fort, and about 5k more in "defending your faction points," over 20k for the faction part.

I normally quit once I die, or once I rat, or once things go to shit. Usually about 15 to 30 minutes in. So this was the one time I really stayed in for almost the whole time (55 minutes). Got 26,549 points at the end for a total of 47,515 points for the whole session. Personal record.

Oh - And got promoted to Ranger; If anyone needs an Elite Wild Boarlet, let me know. Can jemmaBean grow those yet?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:52 pm Can jemmaBean grow those yet?
She can, buuuuuut, it would cost about 7.7 million to upgrade the saddler to T8. Takes 300 T8 blocks at about 25k each. Saddler is currently only T7. Perhaps this could be something we turned guild tax on for?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

My highest bandit run was 41k and also lasted 50 minutes. Instead of attacking Bridgewater directly, they kept going past Bridgewater. Fighting went on for quite a while in the last zone.

Have been doing a lot of black zone hunting/gathering lately. I've pulled a couple million out so far. I've added fishing to the list of resources. At one point, after collecting a few random things, I came across a body with some badly damaged T5 equipment on it. I collected it all and then checked my pack value. It read 600k+. I quickly scan the shit loot and verified it was shit loot. Turned out I was catching fish that were worth 90k each. Some T7 eel. I was like 'Damn', and hit recall.

I died for the first time last night. Had someone scoping me, but didn't dismount. I didn't pay much attention. They came back and stood there again. I finished what I was doing and moved on, they followed. Then he dismounted which told me he had a partner up ahead and turned 90 degrees to head south. Ran into another dismounted guy and turned again and ran into a third. They of course got me. Moral is, just move as soon as someone camps you. Don't wait for them to call for help. I've been going in with about 150k in hardware (gear and tools).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:47 pm Turned out I was catching fish that were worth 90k each. Some T7 eel. I was like 'Damn', and hit recall.
Damn, I didn't know they got that expensive.

I'm a bit careless and die doing everything I do. My mind just wanders a lot. Yesterday my cabbage killed me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:45 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:52 pm Can jemmaBean grow those yet?
She can, buuuuuut, it would cost about 7.7 million to upgrade the saddler to T8. Takes 300 T8 blocks at about 25k each. Saddler is currently only T7. Perhaps this could be something we turned guild tax on for?
I put in a buy order for 100 @ 23k each, we'll see what happens.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I grabbed a 100 a while ago thinking I was going to upgrade a house, but ended up changing my mind. Also ran a buy order somewhere around there. Took a week or so for it to fully fill.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am I grabbed a 100 a while ago thinking I was going to upgrade a house, but ended up changing my mind. Also ran a buy order somewhere around there. Took a week or so for it to fully fill.
Upped my order to 24k after nothing hit overnight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Ratting has sucked lately. Got 50k net last night and 50k net again this afternoon. Need more bombers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Bah, had 250k of loot, got greedy, stopped paying attention, dead.