2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My dollar is that this is more sensationalism. I've said before... these "white supremacy movements" are nothing more than groups of 6 redneck racists, here and there. But there are political points to be made.
These people disagree with you, but what do they know, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm white, my weekly supremacy newsletter must have gotten lost in the mail due to goddam trumps changes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm white, my weekly supremacy newsletter must have gotten lost in the mail due to goddam trumps changes.
I'm not in it for the meetings, but I like the free stuff at stores.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I just bet $65 on Biden to win.

!RmindMe 11/6/2020
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Maher said he agreed with FBI chief Christopher Wray that, "white supremacy is a threat ... when it becomes connected to violence."
That's some real good detective work there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Cal's actually a friend of mine from high school. So I'd like to see him win, regardless of party. He's relatively conservative as Democrats go (served in the military and all that). Good guy from the home of BBQ.
Ooops
Cal Cunningham admits to sexual messages with Calif. woman, will stay in Senate race
He was in California this year before the pandemic for "fundraisers"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Ken Bone voted for Jo, and Clinton back in 2016.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

New England Journal of Medicinetakes its first political stance in its over 200 years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Debate Commission: 2nd debate will be virtual cuz Trump people are sick.

Trump: Taking my ball and staying home.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My phone went off this morning with the virtual debate news, and then around four minutes later the news about Trump dropping out.

What could possibly be his reasoning other than A) He thinks this plays into Biden's strategy of saying Trump mishandled the pandemic or B) He doesn't want to be easily muted?

Didn't watch a second of last night's debate, but I think it's hilarious that "the winner" is reported differently based on which echo chamber you stick your head into. Why even have debates? Nobody's mind is going to change. That would involve them admitting they were wrong or their "team" is wrong, and the chances of that happening are about as realistic as Trump showing humility.

Best line I've heard about the debate so far: "People need to stop attacking the fly. It is Pence's only black friend."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What could possibly be his reasoning other than A) He thinks this plays into Biden's strategy of saying Trump mishandled the pandemic or B) He doesn't want to be easily muted?
I think you nailed it.
Leisher wrote: Didn't watch a second of last night's debate, but I think it's hilarious that "the winner" is reported differently based on which echo chamber you stick your head into. Why even have debates? Nobody's mind is going to change. That would involve them admitting they were wrong or their "team" is wrong, and the chances of that happening are about as realistic as Trump showing humility.
It's just spouting lines, answering the question you want to answer instead of what you're asked, etc. It's garbage.
Leisher wrote: Best line I've heard about the debate so far: "People need to stop attacking the fly. It is Pence's only black friend."
lol!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I just bet $65 on Biden to win.
Fuck it, I put $565 on the election. Picking various states + the general.
!RmindMe 11/6/2020
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think I realized Obama was such an interrupting dick too.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: I don't think I realized Obama was such an interrupting dick too.
same
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't think I realized Obama was such an interrupting dick too.
I was waiting for someone to say this is all Obama's fault! :D

Obama-Romney were basically even the first 2 events.

McCain-Obama look even through all 3, en toto.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I wonder what other graphs we can compare to that one to maybe find some correlation? When did Twitter, Facebook, etc. all take off? Cable news wars? And so on.

There's got to be a trigger there somewhere, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Both candidates have now said they can only lose if there is election fraud.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Awesome.

Post election we're either going to get more riots or more Oklahoma City type bombings.

Neither one of those assholes is worthy of being the manager at Taco Bell let alone running the U.S.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Can we just invoke the 25th for both Trump and Biden? :D

Neither will accept the results of the election. Biden is out here openly telling reporters that voters don't deserve to know where he stands on issues, and Trump...I mean, where do I start that list?

It doesn't matter who wins, we lose.