Justice League

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
thibodeaux

Justice League

Postby thibodeaux » Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 am

Finally got around to watching this. Didn't hate it. The plot wasn't as dumb as Wonder Woman, and concur on the ass shots: well done my dude.

I did NOT care for the "Woody Allen as the Flash" characterization. I did like Wayne's line: "I'm rich." I thought Kal Drogo as Aquaman was kind of dumb but whatever. I thought Lois was trying to say she grief-fucked some bartenders or something with that "I wasn't strong" line.

GORDON
Site Admin

Justice League

Postby GORDON » Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am

Well, she didn't say she didn't.
Fuuuuuuck YOU.

thibodeaux

Justice League

Postby thibodeaux » Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 am

Also interesting: near the beginning when we're seeing a montage of how awful the world is now that Superman is dead, there was an Angry White Male (skinhead probably) terrorizing a Harmless Muslim Woman and Child.

You know, just so we don't forget who the real-life villains are.

Vince

Justice League

Postby Vince » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:25 pm

Wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. Actually wasn't bad at all. Wasn't awesome, but I'd rate it "good". Worlds beyond Batman vs Superman. Flash and Aquaman weren't what I would have gone with, but they didn't kill anything for me. Cyborg was a little under developed.

Troy

Justice League

Postby Troy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Watched this over the weekend. Was decent, not great .

But jesus Leisher, just how much Justice League content did you consume??

Leisher
Site Admin

Justice League

Postby Leisher » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm

I think Troy and Vince benefited from low expectations for Justice League.

Troy wrote:Source of the post But jesus Leisher, just how much Justice League content did you consume??

Looks like 9 animated JL movies since Wednesday. (I was off from the 4th through the 8th.) I didn't plan it. I was searching for horror films on Hulu, found the animated JL category, and have a friend who has recommended them, so...

Understand that I don't just sit down and watch a movie. My desk is U shaped and I have monitors all over. One of them is a TV. Thus, I'm watching a movie, but also playing games, surfing the web, etc. The TV is always playing movies, sports, R&M, etc.

Plus, those animated JL films are only about 75 minutes. The short length is why I picked the first one to watch as I was headed to dinner or something, and then figured I might as well watch them all.

Vince

Justice League

Postby Vince » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:42 am

Leisher wrote:Source of the post I think Troy and Vince benefited from low expectations for Justice League.

No doubt.

Return to “Movies, Television, Books (Does anyone still read?)”