Justice League

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
thibodeaux

Justice League

Post by thibodeaux »

Finally got around to watching this. Didn't hate it. The plot wasn't as dumb as Wonder Woman, and concur on the ass shots: well done my dude.

I did NOT care for the "Woody Allen as the Flash" characterization. I did like Wayne's line: "I'm rich." I thought Kal Drogo as Aquaman was kind of dumb but whatever. I thought Lois was trying to say she grief-fucked some bartenders or something with that "I wasn't strong" line.
GORDON
Site Admin

Justice League

Post by GORDON »

Well, she didn't say she didn't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Justice League

Post by thibodeaux »

Also interesting: near the beginning when we're seeing a montage of how awful the world is now that Superman is dead, there was an Angry White Male (skinhead probably) terrorizing a Harmless Muslim Woman and Child.

You know, just so we don't forget who the real-life villains are.
Vince

Justice League

Post by Vince »

Wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. Actually wasn't bad at all. Wasn't awesome, but I'd rate it "good". Worlds beyond Batman vs Superman. Flash and Aquaman weren't what I would have gone with, but they didn't kill anything for me. Cyborg was a little under developed.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Justice League

Post by Troy »

Watched this over the weekend. Was decent, not great .

But jesus Leisher, just how much Justice League content did you consume??
Leisher
Site Admin

Justice League

Post by Leisher »

I think Troy and Vince benefited from low expectations for Justice League.
Troy wrote: But jesus Leisher, just how much Justice League content did you consume??
Looks like 9 animated JL movies since Wednesday. (I was off from the 4th through the 8th.) I didn't plan it. I was searching for horror films on Hulu, found the animated JL category, and have a friend who has recommended them, so...

Understand that I don't just sit down and watch a movie. My desk is U shaped and I have monitors all over. One of them is a TV. Thus, I'm watching a movie, but also playing games, surfing the web, etc. The TV is always playing movies, sports, R&M, etc.

Plus, those animated JL films are only about 75 minutes. The short length is why I picked the first one to watch as I was headed to dinner or something, and then figured I might as well watch them all.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Justice League

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I think Troy and Vince benefited from low expectations for Justice League.
No doubt.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Justice League

Post by Leisher »

Zack Snyder's original vision seems to mirror Endgame.

Not saying I don't believe him, but why did it take him this long to reveal it? And to be fair, going to the past to save today has been done a billion times in comics. Even in a series, from the 80s/90s, called Infinity Gauntlet where Thanos snapped his fingers...Oh...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Justice League

Post by Leisher »

If you haven't heard, Zack Snyder has been given $30M to complete his cut and it'll be aired on HBO Max in 2021.
Leisher
Site Admin

Justice League

Post by Leisher »

WB executives knew Whedon's JL was a "piece of shit".

Woof. When it rains it pours and it's looking like Whedon might be traveling to the same unemployment line as Singer and Spacey.