NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: 538 gives Pats 3% chance of winning Super Bowl. If that doesn't warm your heart in the middle of a cold Winter, I don't know what would.
As odd as it may be, if the Pats happen to play the Raven.. GO PATS!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger, you as pissed about Dorsey as your cousin?

Haslam is a fucking moron.

Sam Wyche passes away.

Also, I don't know how I didn't mention this, but Jameis' 30th pick was a pick six meaning he also set the record for most pick sixs in a season. This was the final pass of his season! His 30th pick and his 7th pick six! Amazing!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Stranger, you as pissed about Dorsey as your cousin?
Shocked, yes.. Pissed, no..

Ill say this. As i hear more stories come out as this goes on i kind of see what was going on. Dorsey, while i think is a great talent evaluator and put the most skilled players on the team since 99, he's not the guy you want finding your next head coach.

Supposedly he doesn't like a strong willed head coach, thus why him and Andy Reid couldn't coexist and why he never even considered Gregg Williams last year. He picked the push over Freddy Kitchens. We all knew that Freddy had to go this year but he wanted to keep him, that just couldn't happen. So Haslem asked him to hand off the head coaching search and Dorsey wasn't going for it, so they parted ways.

The Browns need a good strong willed head coach more than a talent evaluator at this point. The youth and the skill is all there now they need to lead and coached correctly.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

People in Oklahoma are sweating with that news.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

At this point i guess i'm ok with any of the following 3 coaches for the next Browns coach.

Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, and Urban Meyer. There is no known interview with Meyer at this point so it may be a moot point, but i do love me some Urb.

As far as the other known interviews.

Greg Romen, nah, he's only done good with Kaep and Lamar as QB. Baker doesn't fit that mold.

Brian Daboll.. No thanks. He was O-Cord here before and we blew. And i really don't see Buffalo's Offense as anything great.

Robert Saleh (SF D-coord).. EHH.. never heard of him before this year, besides the Browns need to do anything they can to help Baker out, i don't see a defensive coach as a choice here. Is he black? he might be the rooney rule interview. He does look like a badass tho.

Kevin Stefanski (Vikings O-coord) This might be the dark horse to get the job, he was interviewed last year and damn near got the job. The analytics departments' choice was him and Paul Depodesta (yeah that guy is still there) is running the coaching search. I have no opinion on him, nor do i know anything about him really.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

There is about a 0% chance you get Urban Meyer. Even if Urb was going to coach again, there is no chance he goes to that shit show without some guarantees of full control.

McCarthy and McDaniels would be decent hires, but I think McDaniels is probably a long shot. Bill will advise him to not go to Cleveland. McCarthy is going to get another HC job, so he might decide taking that job in Cleveland might be a bad decision.

I had heard Saleh was the guy they actually wanted and they were bringing in O-coordinators to interview to find one to come in with him.

I also was told they were interviewing Caldwell, that would be your Rooney Rule guy.

Since the analytics people are now running the show again, who the fuck knows who they'll get or who would want the job. The last time they were in charge the Browns went 1-31.

Who the hell would want to be GM as well? You'll be the GM in title only.

Haslam is an idiot.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I forgot, they are interviewing Eric Bieniemy today. So there's the Rooney rule guy.

I'm not really buying the Urb talk either. I'm sure there is interest there, there should be. But if Urb was to get the job he would be picking his GM, Haslam said yesterday they are hiring the coach first and they will be in on deciding the GM. This isn't that unusual as you may think, Seattle, San Fran, New Orleans and a few others all have followed this same franchise model.

The only reason i think McDaniels is possible is because he made no secret about how much he loves Baker. If you remember predraft 2018 there was alot of talk about the Pats moving up to grab him, and this is mostly because of Josh McDaniels.

McCarthy is probably the safest pick. He's got the best resume with lots of playoff experience and lots of QB cashe.

I've heard Saleh will blow them away in his interview, he definitely looks the part. I've actually heard it could be a situation a lot like the Steelers had with Tomlin. They weren't really planning on hiring him, but he looked cool and blew them away in the interview with his awesome leadership abilities and he got the job. Good choice by Pitt, he's a fine coach.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I'm not really buying the Urb talk either. I'm sure there is interest there, there should be. But if Urb was to get the job he would be picking his GM, Haslam said yesterday they are hiring the coach first and they will be in on deciding the GM. This isn't that unusual as you may think, Seattle, San Fran, New Orleans and a few others all have followed this same franchise model.
Yeah, I read the article too. My question though, was how did that situation come about? I'm betting at least half were situations where the GM left and you don't fire your Super Bowl winning coach, so you have him help hire the next GM.
Stranger wrote: Good choice by Pitt, he's a fine coach.
He is as long as you're fine with mediocrity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cowboys to meet with McCarthy and Lewis.

If they're not getting Lincoln Riley, I'd wager they will hire McCarthy.

NFL to punish the Pats for their latest video scandal.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

ESPN just ran a graphic showing the leading rushers of the year for QBs. It showed animated versions of Jackson and Watson dancing, kind of ghetto. Then it showed animated white Josh Allen next to a fucking old style RV and a charcoal grill. He was also wearing aviators.

What the actual fuck is that about? Is that some racist shit or am I missing something?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It showed animated versions of Jackson and Watson dancing, kind of ghetto. Then it showed animated white Josh Allen next to a fucking old style RV and a charcoal grill. He was also wearing aviators.

What the actual fuck is that about? Is that some racist shit or am I missing something?
I missed it, but I'm going to say yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This game has been nuts.

Did you see the official earlier try to award Buffalo a TD after the kick returner gave himself up and then tossed the ref the ball? That guy must have come from the SEC.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

That guy must have come from the SEC.
OSU fans still complaining about a game from last decade.

But yeah, we were out to dinner and I saw that come on, and was super confused as to what happened since there was no sound. Had to find a video later.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Belichick is losing his shit because Vrabel is Belichicking him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

How about that AFC South?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Hooray Titans!

I still don't buy the Texans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Hooray Titans!

I still don't buy the Texans.
I mean, they're both good enough to beat the Pats, which is all that matters :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Bill Belichick lies about Brady's future
"I'm sure there are a lot of questions about the future. Nobody has thought about the future," he said.
I ZERO PERCENT believe that statement.