The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump wonders why it took 100 years to get a bill passed for a centennial commemoration.
President Donald Trump signed the Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act on Monday. The bill, which has the bipartisan support of all 25 female senators, directs the Treasury Department to issue $1 coins honoring the history of the women's suffrage movement. This is in preparation for next year, which will mark 100 years since the 19th Amendment was ratified, giving women the right to vote.

During the signing ceremony for the bill, Trump claimed credit for the bill's passage, saying "they've been working on this for years and years. And I'm curious, why wasn't it done a long time ago, and also -- well, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm President, and we get things done."

Facts First: Trump is taking credit for something timed to a specific date -- the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment. There were no failed efforts to pass similar legislation under previous presidents because the anniversary isn't until next year.

The bill that led to this coin was introduced in April 2019. So while a woman's right to vote was an achievement years in the making -- this commemorative coin was not.
Remember that one time Obama said the wrong # of states, and no one's ever forgotten?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:Remember that one time Obama said the wrong # of states, and no one's ever forgotten?
I don't think there's a human being alive (or one that's ever existed) who has the mental capacity to remember all of Trump's fuck ups and/or weird statements.

Although, saying there are 57 states will only stop being monumentally stupid when there are actually 57 states. Maybe he was thinking about Heinz?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Why is Rudy in drag?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why is Rudy in drag?
It was a charity dinner, but I don't recall the details.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Ah wonderful yesterday, a day I didn’t know that video existed.

Alas, today...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Those countries aren't doing it cuz they want to, they're doing it cuz they are falling apart. That being said, I think their currencies float in the market, and are not controlled.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Those countries aren't doing it cuz they want to, they're doing it cuz they are falling apart. That being said, I think their currencies float in the market, and are not controlled.
So this is Clinton bombing a hospital? :D (A distraction)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's almost certainly garbage
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Today he's saying he's going to slap France with Tariffs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Today he's saying he's going to slap France with Tariffs.
And he might let a China deal slip a year.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Today he's saying he's going to slap France with Tariffs.
And he might let a China deal slip a year.
I saw that too. What a douche move. "I might wait until after the election. Meanwhile, anyone suffering due to tariffs can go fuck themselves."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

China suffers more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

A moderate Dem is voting against impeachment.

Another, when asked about the whole impeachment inquiry, said:
"I don't have an idea what they're doing," Peterson said.
I always like to see politicians who are willing to speak out on things that might not be popular with their party.

I'd rather see one of these guys in Pelosi's...or Trump's position...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

"Greatest of all presidents"

I hope you're all prepared for Ashton Kutcher to pop out at the impeachment trails and declare we've all be punked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Republicans think Trump > Lincoln
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That's insane.

Although, to be fair, they're a product of our education system, so...
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Republicans think Trump > Lincoln
I promise you there were similar polls for Obama.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren