NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Saw that story, and it is insanely rough.

Let's lighten things back up with a story that could only happen in Cleveland. So a fan threw beer all over a Titans player during the game Sunday. The Titans complained, the Browns figured out who it was, and they banned that fan.

They banned the wrong guy.

In their defense, I assume they don't know what their fans look like. However, the guy and the banned fan look a lot alike (all white people do).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Hah! I guess the fan should be banned, but I mean... Isn't being banned from Browns' games the opposite of a punishment? He should be forced to attend every future preseason game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Its a stupid witch hunt for something that has been happening to opposing teams jumping into the home teams stands for years. Honestly it makes Logan Ryan look like a pussy to make such a big deal about it.

In other news, Sam Darnold is out Monday nights game vs the Browns... with Mono... isn't that the kissing disease? Sam, stay away from those dirty hoes in the NYC subways!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: In other news, Sam Darnold is out Monday nights game vs the Browns... with Mono... isn't that the kissing disease? Sam, stay away from those dirty hoes in the NYC subways!
Kissing and exhaustion I believe. I do know kissing isn't the only method of getting it.

Should be a win for Cleveland.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I do know kissing isn't the only method of getting it.
One of my good friends and I each got mono in high school. Our respective girlfriends did not get it.

So anal sex definitely is another method.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bell is listed as questionable and is having an MRI on his shoulder today. Ty Montgomery is his backup.

That's just an FYI for you fantasy players who might be desperate for a RB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bell is listed as questionable and is having an MRI on his shoulder today. Ty Montgomery is his backup.

Derrius Guice played 1 game, and is out for another knee injury.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Bell is listed as questionable and is having an MRI on his shoulder today. Ty Montgomery is his backup.

Derrius Guice played 1 game, and is out for another knee injury.
He had surgery and is out indefinitely.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

No commissioner's exempt list for AB.

Their reasoning makes sense. If this wasn't a civil case, he'd already be there.

One important note that some people don't seem to understand about this civil case is that the lawyers have been in talks for months. This wasn't a surprise filed that caught everyone off guard. AB knew this was coming, but couldn't talk about it (if he would have) due to confidentially agreements. So if you hear anyone talking about blindsiding AB or filing right at the start of the season, let them know this has been going on for months.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Patriots (1-0) at Dolphins (0-1)
1 p.m. ET | CBS
Matchup rating: 42.3 | Spread: NE -18.5 (48.5)
I'm going to go bold and take NE to cover.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I think half the fans at the Cowboys-Skins games are Cowboys fans, based on the cheering and occasional crowd pans. Yes, it's at the Redskins.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins have 3 DBs out. Another got minorly injured in the game, #1 RB out, 2 DL out... #1 TE out (as usual).

Are our trainers terrible? Do we draft people made of paper?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Patriots (1-0) at Dolphins (0-1)
1 p.m. ET | CBS
Matchup rating: 42.3 | Spread: NE -18.5 (48.5)
I'm going to go bold and take NE to cover.
I should go to Vegas... (37-0 with 5:38 left)... 43-0 final. Vegas needs to stop doing odds on the Fins.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers coaching staff continues to be a joke. They simply have no idea what they're doing. Thanks to a turnover the score looks closer than the game is, but down two scores with 5 minutes left and the ball at midfield, Tomlin just punted.

Big Ben going out doesn't help.

I'm genuinely rooting for an 0-16 season so we can dump Tomlin.

My fantasy team plays Stranger this week. I pulled Carson for Berida and Westbrook for McDonald. Then I was looking at rankings and decided maybe I was wrong. Carson is having his worst game in two years, while Westbrook has 0 points so far. Meanwhile, MacDonald has almost 20 points and ditto for Berida.

I'm the Mike Tomlin of fantasy right now :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm the Mike Tomlin of fantasy right now
I'm the Jay Gruden, I have 3 RBs over 10 points, with 1 left to play...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This Big Ben injury really pisses me off. Tomlin now has an excuse for why his team is going to have a losing record.

Even with BB, this Steelers team is awful. They're great on the lines, but beyond that it's a shit show. Munchak leaving is blatantly obvious on the O line too. I look forward to the rebuild.

In late October the MNF game is Dolphins at Steelers. That is a real thing that's going to happen. If the Steelers don't beat the Bengals on a MNF game three weeks earlier, there's a real chance they'll be winless and we know the Dolphins will be...

Did anyone watch the Rams-Saints game? Stop me if this sounds familiar...The refs fucked the Saints. Goff fumbles and it's picked up by a Saint who runs 84 yards for the TD. Or not because a ref blew his whistle early negating the run back. This was when the game was still 6-6.