NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Iirc he was cut by San Francisco for domestic abuse
That's right. This sucks then. Now he'll be home more often...
Former girlfriend. So.. I guess he found someone new to beat.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's the latest injury for a team besieged by them the past two years. The Redskins have had a combined 52 players on injured reserve the past two seasons, though a handful of them were hurt in camp and might not have made the roster. Last season they lost key players such as quarterback Alex Smith, running backs Derrius Guice and Chris Thompson, and tight end Jordan Reed. The Redskins have gone 7-9 each of those seasons.

"I don't know how to process it," Gruden said. "We've had some bad luck over here for the last couple years, but this one here takes the cake because this was a non-contract drill and there was no contact involved in it. He just landed funny. But we have to move on. We have to get guys ready to play that are here. We've got to do the best we can to get Reuben healthy again and move on.

"Sometimes I wish we'd do just all walk-throughs and then go play on Sundays, but we've got to practice."
Maybe the Redskins are cursed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:Maybe the Redskins are cursed.
You know some people will point to their name and say it's karma.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:Maybe the Redskins are cursed.
You know some people will point to their name and say it's karma.
I do.

At this point, I'll still point to the owner.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Minnesota Vikings are in the "QB trap".

Actually doesn't shit on Cousins, but shits on Cousins.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cousins needs a top-notch supporting cast to be successful. But his salary makes it nearly impossible for the Vikings to maintain a top-notch supporting cast. And so the trap springs shut.
Yep. Almost as bad has having 4 QBs on your roster, and having committed a shitload to a guy who cannot play.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Reports are saying Suh is going to Tampa Bay.

That weakens the Rams.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Madden is a big name sports personality in the Pittsburgh area.

Nobody wants Tomlin there anymore except the owner.
Mark Madden "The Super Genius"
12 hrs
Edmunds "liked" AB dissing Ben on Twitter. Dupree called Kaboly "fat boy" on Twitter. Like I told you, turmoil is now in the Steelers' DNA. And that's why Tomlin should have been fired. The enabler can't be the fixer. ***t, he doesn't even think there's a problem.

After the way the Steelers have limited their success via turmoil over the past half-decade, you'd think a determined effort would have been made to show up at OTAs & not be dip***ts. But...turmoil is in their DNA. & they have a bunch of dummies.

Oh, so we're overreacting to Edmunds, Dupree & Chickilo? I got told that about AB & Bell, too. How quickly it snowballs.

You make excuses for Steelers players because you "like" them. Even after Bell & AB ***t on the team & even after 3 playoff wins in 9 years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: on the team & even after 3 playoff wins in 9 years.
Sigh
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Have a scandal or bad behavior in your past? The Raiders want you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Have a scandal or bad behavior in your past? The Raiders want you.
I guess that's one way to get people at a discount?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Who should be on hard knocks?
The rules say you're exempt from having to do "Hard Knocks" if you have a first-year head coach, have made the playoffs either of the past two seasons or have been on the show in the past 10 years. That leaves the Raiders, 49ers, Giants, Lions and Washington as the teams the NFL can compel to do the show.
I'd say skins or raiders. But I'd say it's hard for anyone to give up the chance to have the Raiders and Gruden there
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Long article on Roberto Aguayo

tldr: Says he changed his kicking mechanics to be better for the long term, like Tiger's swing change, and also put too much pressure on himself.

He last played in Chargers' preseason games
Los Angeles waived him in September 2018 despite his going perfect in the preseason: 3-of-3 on field goals and 6-of-6 on extra points. He kicked the game-winning field goal in the Chargers' final exhibition.
I mean, if I'm the Bears, I'm trying the guy out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers might need him too if Boswell doesn't figure his woes out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

If it removes 2 pre-season games, sign me up.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: A Brown takes the Willie Mays-Hayes approach to minicamp.

He's my favorite Brown. I hope he does well. Great story.
Good for him. Doubtful it goes anywhere, but hey...
Leisher wrote: Raiders will have the most toxic locker room in history.
C'mon, they HAVE to get Hard knocks.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: C'mon, they HAVE to get Hard knocks.
I'd watch.