NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote: Mahomes will be the highest paid QB in the NFL when his rookie contract is up
If he maintains his level of success, yes.
i'm not even sure that matters anymore. Its just the next franchise QB thats up for a contract gets the biggest contract, remember when Matt Stafford was the highest paid QB in the game??
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote: Mahomes will be the highest paid QB in the NFL when his rookie contract is up
If he maintains his level of success, yes.
i'm not even sure that matters anymore. Its just the next franchise QB thats up for a contract gets the biggest contract, remember when Matt Stafford was the highest paid QB in the game??
That's a good point. Salaries are completely out of whack.

Lynch retires again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN tells me that the Redskins are "in the market" for Dwayne Haskins, but also say that they won't be trading up, so... yeah. So Case Keenum.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have a feeling Dwayne is going to drop. The Giants have no interest or are feigning no interest so nobody jumps above them to take him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

BB sticking with Steelers through 2021.

Let's play a guessing game.

I'll give you three guesses to name the player who didn't report to his new team's first minicamp.

Here's your only hint: It's not AB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'll give you three guesses to name the player who didn't report to his new team's first minicamp.

Here's your only hint: It's not AB.
I mean, that weed isn't going to smoke itself.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I'll give you three guesses to name the player who didn't report to his new team's first minicamp.
OBJ
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
OBJ
Pretty sure Catt nailed it, although he didn't name the player.

Did OBJ skip camp too?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Did OBJ skip camp too?
YEEEEP...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pretty sure Catt nailed it, although he didn't name the player.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's hard to predict NFL Drafts.

Relatively easier to predict which players will be taken, but much harder to guess which team takes them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Giants take Jones from Duke which seems like a shitty pick

Rmindme 12/31/2022
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Giants are gonna pay.

Don’t fuck this up Skins!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: ESPN tells me that the Redskins are "in the market" for Dwayne Haskins, but also say that they won't be trading up, so... yeah. So Case Keenum.
Well, they got him. Surprised the Giants didn't take him. I can only assume they are racist
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Giants are gonna pay.

Don’t fuck this up Skins!
What have they fucked up in the past 20 years?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Great patience and value by the Skins staying put and getting the best QB in the draft. I’m glad he went to the Skins, I have no problems with that and will be rooting for his success.

Meanwhile... how times have changed for the Steelers. The team that always drafted great buckeyes traded up to take a Wolverine!! Oh my..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Chiefs are fucked next year.

Oakland is having a bad first round.

Cincinnati passed on Haskins to draft a guy who will protect Super Bowl winning QB Andy Dalton...
TheCatt wrote: Well, they got him. Surprised the Giants didn't take him. I can only assume they are racist
Word is Jones is tight with the Manning family. That's why they took him. Cowherd was on the Twitters mocking them as soon as the pick was made. Simmons was there too wondering how the Lakers became the Clippers and the Giants became the Jets. Ouch.

Why in the fuck didn't they trade down? Nobody wanted Jones. They could have taken him much later.
Stranger wrote: Meanwhile... how times have changed for the Steelers. The team that always drafted great buckeyes traded up to take a Wolverine!! Oh my..
ILB was, by far, the Steelers' biggest need. I'm not thrilled with a Michigan LB, but Bush has the physical skills to succeed in the system and the Steelers have had success with Michigan LBs previously, like Larry Foote. Haskins was a dream pick, but I'm really hoping they grab Hollywood Brown somehow or Terry McLaurin. Then they should spend every other pick on DBs.

The most disappointing thing is Brown. He's AB's cousin and has publicly slammed AB's insanity online. He's stated he would love to go to Pittsburgh and put shine back on the Brown name there. I like that attitude. No chance they get him now without another trade. And as I type this, the Ravens just took him. Fuck. Now both our teams will have to deal with him.

Here's hoping Terry slips to the third round and we grab him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Word is Jones is tight with the Manning family.
It's the Duke connection. Which definitely means racist.
Stranger wrote: Great patience and value by the Skins staying put and getting the best QB in the draft. I’m glad he went to the Skins, I have no problems with that and will be rooting for his success.
Best thing the Skins have done in a while. Hopefully the guy they traded up for is good too, and really doesn't have a heart condition.
Leisher wrote: Why in the fuck didn't they trade down? Nobody wanted Jones.
They didn't even need to trade down. They had the 17th pick already, and could have gotten him there, and used the higher pick on a better player.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The more I think on this... "Black QB, strong arm, known as a runner, Redskins savior" reminds me of RG3 :P

Haskins has chip on his shoulder now

Surprising factoid
Haskins also becomes the first Big Ten quarterback to be drafted in the first round since Kerry Collins in 1995.