Disney is Buying Marvel

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:26 am I mean, you make the experience a hell hole... people eventually stop going?
Weird that constantly raising prices, adding in all sorts of additional fees for things that used to be free, charging INSANE rates for a hotel based on a very unpopular trilogy, removing as many amenities as possible, overall treating your fans like dogshit, sex/race swapping popular characters, destroying popular characters/IPs, and overcrowding parks resulted in people stopping going to Disney parks.

Next thing you'll probably claim they've lost $1B in their last 9ish feature film releases. (They have.)

Somehow they just renewed Iger for another two years.

Tell me again how corporate America isn't terribly flawed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

They're following the airline model. As a joke, they're making the "Economy" flying experience as horrible as possible, trying to see at what point they stop filling planes. They haven't figure out a way to do that, yet, because people pay for the abuse and flights are still packed.

The previous guy was right, in a robot kind of way. If they're filling to capacity half the days, then they aren't charging enough. But that hurts the Disney brand, only catering to the wealthy. But if they're still filling to capacity.... repeat repeat.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:19 am If they're filling to capacity half the days, then they aren't charging enough. But that hurts the Disney brand, only catering to the wealthy.
He might as well have made Disney's motto "Let them eat cake."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

I feel like they could change the sign out front from "Happiest Place on Earth" to "We Don't Care if Poor Kids Can't Afford it Here," and they still wouldn't hurt attendance.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Iger is discussing selling Disney's streaming, TV stuff, and even the whole company.

Disney is an absolute disaster right now. Kathleen Kennedy's politics have destroyed Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Kevin Feige hired a bunch of terrible writers and leaned into the whole M-she-U thing and is killing Marvel. Meanwhile, the parks are empty, nobody watches TV, and Disney+ is hemorrhaging subscribers.

But hey, at least there's a live action Bambi on the way and the live action Snow White with its Hispanic lead and 1 dwarf with 7 non-dwarves (yes, this is a real set photo, although these people are apparently the stand ins). I'm sure these two movies will make billions...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:52 pm Snow White with its Hispanic lead
at least your daughters will be able to see themselves in a big screen character.

Mine, too.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:54 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:52 pm Snow White with its Hispanic lead
at least your daughters will be able to see themselves in a big screen character.

Mine, too.
Not unless they're watching The Godfather...

It really bugs me that Disney is continually rehashing the same shit and just race swapping. It's lazy and offensive. It's literally cultural appropriation, which I'm told is really bad, but apparently not when it happens to whitey. I also hear I shouldn't care because she's a fictional character, and it's not like she's real, but then Hamilton happened and I'm told I shouldn't care about that either.

All of these conflicting messages are maddening. There's no logic.

Also, why are we ignoring the folklore of other countries? I've seen Snow White. Give me stories from other parts of the world. Where are the fables from South and Central America, Africa, Spain, Asia, etc.? Call me crazy, but Euro fables, legends, and folklore has been done to death. Let's get some new stories. You're telling me no other culture told stories?

Why haven't any woke people realized that simply race swapping Euro stories is still telling white stories?
thibodeaux

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:30 am All of these conflicting messages are maddening. There's no logic.
"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

I'm hearing Disney is going to intentionally hide the replacements for the seven dwarves in the Snow White marketing.

Should be interesting to see if this rumor comes true or not. If it does, the channel will earn a subscribe.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

IMDB only lists one dwarf by name so far: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6208148/fu ... _=tt_cl_sm
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Well, they're not Dwarves now. They're "Magical creatures" or something like that. I'm betting Maple is also one of them, and you'll notice she's not short.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:46 pm I'm betting Maple is also one of them, and you'll notice she's not short.
more importantly, is she hot?
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my humble opinion, nope.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:54 pm Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my humble opinion, nope.
Racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:27 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:54 pm Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my humble opinion, nope.
Racist.
My penis disagrees with that statement and has receipts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Big spoiler for the MCU and Secret Invasion in the article and under the tag...

Secret Invasion has not been a hit with fans.

but at least he wasn’t handily destroyed by a brand new character injected with the combined ability of every single Avenger
To be fair, that's what the Super Skrull is in the comics. Although, it was the Fantastic Four's powers, not the Avengers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Ron DeSantis says he's "moved on" from retarded Disney fight, says Disney should drop it's lawsuit.

Fuck DeSantis. And double-fuck him for putting me on Disney's side.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

Disney stops making physical media for several countries including Australia.

This is coming to us soon. They want our streaming business, not a one time purchase.

This trend has already hit gaming here, and I think Alan Wake II and Starfield are the first two Triple A titles that won't be released on physical media at all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

I can't remember the last time I bought physical media. I've never had a BluRay player. But I've bought digital movies + books (and "rent" music)
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

I had a very small library of Blu-Rays before I just stopped.

Ironically, it was the movie industry's own tactics to get people to buy more physical media that made me stop. All the various versions constantly being released turned me off or had me waiting to buy anything knowing a new version would come out later.