Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Since these reviews were lost in the great forum crash, I thought I'd ressurect them here.

Vol 1. - Kick ass tribute to Asian cinema. Everything is over the top as you'd expect. Great writing with detail focused on the characters and the fighting. Fantastic direction. The blood is a bit over the top, and might distract some.

Vol 2. - Kick ass tribute to spaghetti westerns. Everything is understated and focused not only on the characters, but also the moment. More dalogue driven and a perfect wrap up to The Bride's storyline. At least, her revenge storyline, since it appears like she may return for more.

I cannot say enough about QT's efforts. When he makes a film, you know you're going to be entertained. A great couple of films that I didn't want to see end. The best thing I can say is for anyone with a creative bone in their body, these films inspire.

Everyone puts in a good performance and you can tell they all busted their asses to bring QT's story to life. Great little touches are background signs, sets, characters, TV shows, etc. that are all nods to the culture and genres that influenced QT's work.

I loved how Vol 1 and Vol 2's fight scenes and deaths differed as much as the genres they were tributing differed.

Vol 1 - 8 out of 10 stars
Vol 2 - 9 out of 10 stars
Overall - 9 out of 10 stars

In the short time I've been reviewing, I haven't given a 10 yet, but this was as close as I've come. (For you LotR people, I didn't review any of those. They're great too, so don't bitch.)

A must see for action film fans, budding film makers, indy film fans (it fits that "mood", and Quentin Tarantino fans.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

The Vol 1 DVD has been in my pc-side dvd player for awhile now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

2 very different movies, 1 - short with lots of violence. 1 - long with lots of dialogue and very little action.

We watched vol1 last night, vol2 tonight. Vol1 was entertaining, if a little predictable, and I'd give it a 7/10.

Vol 2 blew. I expected something more like vol 1, and I expected better scenes, better pacing, and less wasted freaking time. 3/10

It could have been a single 2.5 hour movie, and would have been much better for it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently I suck at searching, or the search function does.

At any rate:

Vol 1 7/10
Vol 2 3/10
Overall 4/10 (weighed down by 2)
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They are two very different movies, and I give them an average score of 9/10. I like them both for different reasons.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bi....&sr=8-6

http://www.mania.com/55112.html

t's been quite a long time since it was circulated that a definitive extended edition of Kill Bill would be coming to Dvd shelves. Back after the original releases of Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2, director Tarantino stated that there will be a day when he releases both volumes combined together to make one movie. That day has come, Maniacs.

Amazon has listed a new edition of Kill Bill which is now titled in Tarantino-esque style; Kill Bill-The Whole Bloody Affair

What are the changes you ask?

The Volumes are now combined making for one film which is 247 minutes in length. The rating for the film is now NC-17 and the new edition features a 4 disc set containing loads of extras for everyone. According to Amazon, the dvd goes on sale November 6, 2007. Check out the other DVD news story for today which features another recent Tarantino movie.

Edited By GORDON on 1182544170
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yes, this was bound to occur now that I had finally purchased Kill Bill: Volume II last weekend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think they were smart... they waited long enough where even *I* wouldn't be pissed because enough time had passed since the original disks were released.

But then I didn't just purchase them last weekend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, he wanted it as one movie to begin with.