The Wedding Crashers *no spoilers*

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No-spoiler review here.

Edited By GORDON on 1124370570
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Where do you rank it in relation to Old School?

Better, Same, Worse?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Where do you rank it in relation to Old School?

Better, Same, Worse?
Excellent question... I ALMOST rated it COMPARED to Old School.

I'd say... right on par, without Old School's element of competition of the frat guys trying to outwit The Man.
Zetleft

Post by Zetleft »

Somehow I've never seen Old School but I loved Wedding Crashers, great flick.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought you were seeing something else.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I thought you were seeing something else.
It was sold out, strangely enough.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Weird.

Very weird when you consider the first film's lack of success.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's why it never occured to me I'd need to buy tickets in advance.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think they're doing better with the ads. I actually want to see the sequel and I didn't like the first one.

Back on this thread's topic, I've been hearing good things about Wedding Crashers. I look forward to seeing it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Finally saw it tonight.

My wife HATED it. She couldn't stop pointing out how nothing made sense in the storyline or in how the characters were written. Considering it was a movie about weddings I had to wonder if the writers realized half their potential audience would key on the types of mistakes my wife saw. Women are a tougher audience for comedies overall and tampering with their holy grail, weddings, is risky at best.

As for me, I laughed a lot, but I'm still not sure I liked the film.

I have to point out that whoever did the sound is a fucking idiot. When a scene switches from dialogue to music we do not need the volume to be jacked up to 11. I literally had to keep the remote in my hand through the movie so I could lower the volume during ALL music scenes. We actually watched the movie on a lower volume setting than we watch normal TV and could hear it fine. However, even at that low setting as soon as music played it sounded like we have the volume jacked up about twice what we normally do. It's not just this movie either, as it seems to be a trend in DVDs now.