Directors Hall

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.

Directors Hall

Yes we have one or something similar.
33%
Nope never heard of one.
67%

Total votes: 9

unkbill

Post by unkbill »

When we went to see Hitchhiker the other night we showed up for the 6:30 show to be told to see it the tickets were $12.50 because they were in the director halls witch includes large leather chairs and soon a computer screen to order food and drinks. I'm assuming this end when the movie starts.
So anyone heard or been to one? We waited 15 mintes to see the movie for $8.50.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I've never been to one, but I've seen them on TV before. I don't remember leather seats, but they had screens where you could order food and beverages, or call a waiter.

I think you'd be a lot less likely to get disturbed by kids in that theatre. Though, waiting bringing stuff to your neighbor might be distracting. (No, it didn't end when the movie started. They'd bring drinks during the film)

Edited By Paul on 1115653148
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Or $4 extra.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Paul

Post by Paul »

It depended on the film. I'd pay extra to see something like Return of the King in better seats, with people bringing me refreshments when I order them.

I wouldn't pay extra if I was going to see a time-wasting comedy, or something of the like.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

How much for the no cellphone option?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:How much for the no cellphone option?
And what if you pay extra and some cock makes a cell phone call during with his reasoning being, "Hey, I paid extra, I can do what I want?"
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Where did you see HGttG at?
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

Paul wrote:It depended on the film. I'd pay extra to see something like Return of the King in better seats, with people bringing me refreshments when I order them.
Yeah, but could I get someone to pee for me? That was a long movie and my bladder would bust if I was drinking.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Back in 91, I was in Biloxi and saw Dances with Wolves at The Silver Screen. Instead of stadium chairs we sat in leather chairs at circular tables. Beer and pizza was available, but we had to walk to a window in the back of the theater to get it.

While it was a cool idea, between the distractions of beer and my girlfriend at the time (she looked exactly like Jeanne Tripplehorn, which I only mention because of fond memories), I didn't watch much of the movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Back in 91, I was in Biloxi...
Did you have to respond with "ho?"
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Paul wrote: (No, it didn't end when the movie started. They'd bring drinks during the film)
Great so instead of kids or phones I have to put up with a waiter and the drunk next to me. It advertised have a martini in the DH.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

WSGrundy wrote:Where did you see HGttG at?

It wasn't he DH.

Edited By unkbill on 1115725987