EpIII - Not for kids

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article contains spoilers.

To sum up for those not wanting to read spoilers:

Its being rated PG-13 and some parents are a bit upset.

Lucas' response: he didn't make this film to please kids nor to make money, but to tell a story.

That might be a good sign as its quite a diference from his attitude about EPI where he said he made it for his kids.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Lucas' response: he didn't make this film to please kids nor to make money, but to tell a story.
Well that's a first.

Oh, and I saw Darth Vader on a package of Wheat Thins (or something) the other day. I wonder which part of the story is being told there.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oh, and I saw Darth Vader on a package of Wheat Thins (or something) the other day. I wonder which part of the story is being told there.

I believe that Vader is trying to fight Yoda, who is on Skittles packages, is a battle for the galaxy known as Marketing.

And let me add, "May the Pepsi be with you"

Edited By Leisher on 1115231067
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What amused me is that... I'm pretty sure it was Wheat Thins... Darth Vader is doing his classic, "choke you to death using only the force" hand-pincer gesture.

My very first thought was... "so... Wheat Thins will cause you to choke to death?"

Wheat Thins are totally badass, now. I guess.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Vader is on Slurpees.
Vader threatens the M&M guys when they don't choose the new "Dark Side" dark chocolate M&M's.

Vader is a sellout. But you know, he's with the Dark Side so I guess you sort of have to expect that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why would I buy something endorsed by a guy who lived long ago, in a galaxy far away, and got his ass kicked by some daydreaming hillbilly and an old man?
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Paul wrote:Vader is on Slurpees.
Vader threatens the M&M guys when they don't choose the new "Dark Side" dark chocolate M&M's.

Vader is a sellout. But you know, he's with the Dark Side so I guess you sort of have to expect that.
His face was on everything on Alderaan too. He got everyone to give him their cash and then blew up their planet. Definatly Dark Side.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Maybe this movie is for his kids too. . . but they are all over 13 now.