Slow news day.

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

And btw, that MSNBC headline "Afghan Leader Blasts U.S.?" Sounds bad, doesn't it. Here's the actual quote from the article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13473386/

KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan President Hamid Karzai urged the international community to reassess its approach to the war on terror Thursday, saying the deaths of hundreds of Afghans in fighting with U.S.-led forces was “not acceptable.”

Wow, quite the blast.

Edited By GORDON on 1163368435
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I'm pretty sure headline writers are all on crack.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Will anyone on the left acknowledge WMDs have been found in Iraq?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I won't until someone on the right does. Rummy himself said no WMD found.
Of course, most of those weapons were buried by Iraqi troops during their eight-year war with Iran — which ended in 1988 — and were long forgotten.

The military announced in 2004 that several crates of the old shells containing a blister agent that was no longer active had been discovered, but the military, White House and CIA didn't consider the shells evidence of what was alleged by the Bush administration to be a current Iraqi program to make chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, the Post reported. Wednesday night, intelligence officials reaffirmed that the shells were not the suspected WMDs sought in the 2003 invasion of Iraq and were, for the most part, not in useable condition.

(emphasis mine)
Oh look, no one thinks we have, cept people who read/watch Fox News. Damn that biased MSM.

Edited By TheCatt on 1151002331
It's not me, it's someone else.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I won't until someone on the right does. Rummy himself said no WMD found.
Of course, most of those weapons were buried by Iraqi troops during their eight-year war with Iran — which ended in 1988 — and were long forgotten.

The military announced in 2004 that several crates of the old shells containing a blister agent that was no longer active had been discovered, but the military, White House and CIA didn't consider the shells evidence of what was alleged by the Bush administration to be a current Iraqi program to make chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, the Post reported. Wednesday night, intelligence officials reaffirmed that the shells were not the suspected WMDs sought in the 2003 invasion of Iraq and were, for the most part, not in useable condition.

(emphasis mine)
Oh look, no one thinks we have, cept people who read/watch Fox News. Damn that biased MSM.

Cheese and Rice. When you going to learn brother. You got balls the size of Grapefruit but you ain't never going to get this crowd to believe your hoedown shit.

Edited By unkbill on 1151028449
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Simmer down now.

I made the post before all of the pre-1991 stuff was revealed. Doesn't make it any less illegal, but, indeed, "these aren't the WMD's you're looking for."

Now, the next time you claim I never admit to beng mistaken, Unk, I get to slap your stubbly face.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Not NELLY, Nelly Furtado. Big (adorable) difference.

For comparison,
Nelly:

Nelly Furtado:
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Oooooooo

Post by Oooooooo »

Congratulations!

You proved that there is bias in the media and that Fox News is way out of sync with any other media outlet.

Got any more dead horses to beat?
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Congratulations!

You proved that there is bias in the media and that Fox News is way out of sync with any other media outlet.

Got any more dead horses to beat?
Psycho.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Homeboy is posting from/through Germany, too.

Wild.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

These fucking bots are becoming annoying.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

There are no fucking bots. There have never been any fucking bots.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Considering requiring registration for these feedback threads... which has never happened before.

Thoughts?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Guess there's no "enter these letters to prove you are human" stuff for ikonboard?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Guess there's no "enter these letters to prove you are human" stuff for ikonboard?
Hmm.

I can look into that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've been trying for about 45 minutes today. I've only found other people who decided to require registration as well
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We're getting hit daily with spam versus how many guest posters with legit statements and not just politically biased bullshit that they never back up with fact, nor show back up to defend?

Make 'em register, just add an explanation why.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:I've been trying for about 45 minutes today. I've only found other people who decided to require registration as well
I assume you went to the ib user forums... did you look in the "hacks" sections? That's where I figured I'd find that functionality. Some user add-on "hack."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:I've been trying for about 45 minutes today. I've only found other people who decided to require registration as well
I assume you went to the ib user forums... did you look in the "hacks" sections? That's where I figured I'd find that functionality. Some user add-on "hack."
Yeah, I looked through two different places that had tons of hacks. Nothing that looked like it to me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dammit.

Hey Thib, write it for us.