That's a damned good burger.

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Had a craving today, so hit RT.

Menu said they had to cook them at least medium, at 158 degrees, due to some government hamburger temperature regulation.
And if you can't trust our govt......................................................
Exactly right. I'd love to have the freedom to order a burger exactly how I want it instead of having the government slap my hand saying NO! THAT'S BAD FOR YOU!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Had a craving today, so hit RT.

Menu said they had to cook them at least medium, at 158 degrees, due to some government hamburger temperature regulation.
I thought the minimum in NC was actually Medium-well.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just quoting off the menu. I ordered mine medium, and it was juicy as hell, but I didn't see any pink.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, 158's a little hot for medium. Juicy just means lots of fat, so I'm sure it was still pretty tasty.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Burgers there are always juicy as hell. And, the patties are thick and irregularly shaped... I wonder if they actually hand press them in the kitchen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think we can safely blame layers for some restaurants refusing to cook steaks, burgers, and eggs the you want them cooked.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

John Spartan: You are fined one-half credit for violation of the Verbal Moralities Act.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

John Spartan: You are fined one-half credit for violation of the Verbal Moralities Act.
The day that occurs, I will go fucking ballistic.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We're well on the way. "Bad" food was banned in that movie, too.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lotta good all their cameras did when they needed to enforce the law.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

One of my favorite quotes from that movie
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I always thought Demolition Man didn't get the credit it deserved.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I agree.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>STOP THE PRESSES.</span>

I found a local joint today with a burger that is in the same ballpark as a Ruby Tuesday burger.

I was able to order it medium, and it was actually pink in the middle... which was helped by the fact it was pretty thick. Or, reverse that sentence. Whichever way it works better.

It's a 20-30 minute drive versus RT's 6 minutes, but it is a local joint versus a chain, so those things balance.

I now have a place to take visitors.

Edited By GORDON on 1145143291
Mommy Dearest

Post by Mommy Dearest »

Visitors, cool

However.................................................................Just tonight I cooked for a crowd and not a single burger, sans the sis in law's was over 150 in the middle. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Proud
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You're all gonna have those gut worms from the other thread.
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

Best burgers

So food for thought.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fricker's in Sylvania used to serve damn good burgers, but it turned out to just be the cook. When he left, their burgers went to their normal overcooked, tasteless selves that can be found at any Fricker's location.

A chain of restaurants can't all be judged as one.

Gordo cites Ruby Tuesday's as being awesome, but I've been to three (none of which are the one he wrote about) and one was exceptional, one was beyond terrible (service and food), and one is usually decent, but not great.

I've mentioned Mr. Beefy's before as the BEST wings, chicken chunks, and soup I've ever had in a restaurant. But that's from my experience with one location. I've heard bad things about their other location.

I think food quality depends on the cook, the recipe, the ingredients, and the equipment used to prepare the food. If all are in good shape, you'll get good food. If even one thing is out of whack, you won't.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd agree with that.

I usually even give a new restaurant 2 chances to disgust me, either from food or service, as anyone can have an off day once in a while.

The Ruby Tuesday in Jacksonville, NC, however, has a perfect record with me... and I've been there about 30 times. Even got "Curb-Side Pickup" once.

Maybe RT Corporate cares about that shitty location... write and say that franchise is screwing up a good reputation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I went to RT in Atlanta on Friday. Remembering Gordo's positive review, the wife and I split a burger.

It was... mediocre.

And the service was GOD AWFUL FUCKING HORRIBLE.