GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just supporting my "uniformity" idea.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Guess what theoretical-cops, life's unfair - SUCK IT UP.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Guess what theoretical-cops, life's unfair - SUCK IT UP.

Right, life's unfair. Muslims can be forced to shave if they wanna be cops.

Woohoo, I suck because Catt gave my winning argument! ;)

But still, there are some organization in which teamwork is essential. You just can't have people in that kind of organization who get to be special, because it kills espirit de corps.

Edited By GORDON on 1130963170
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I'd say that if people are losing teamwork over being different, then just get rid of those people that are whiney little bitches.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, I'd say that if people are losing teamwork over being different, then just get rid of those people that are whiney little bitches.
Right, the Muslims whining over their beards.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

:)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Democrats: Is he outside the mainstream?

America: Dunno, but you are.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I like Gordon's arguments better. They make more sense. It might be because I was in the military as well and understand the value of removing one's 'self' from the equation. You are a part of a team. (which is also why I never understood that 'Army of One' thing they have going on). No beards has been a rule forever. Now it's changed? I think that points out the whining ones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I'm all corporate-like, and we value diversity. (We even have a diversity month, diversity training, a diversity executive council...)

So the idea of people being themselves, having uniqueness, etc is a pretty good one to me. I guess it's relative to the situation, which is why I'm guessing the military still doesn't allow any beards whatsoever, and most of corporate America does.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was going to point out that there are differences between 'corporate' and 'police/military' things. Corporate, be the happy tree hugging whatever-you-call-it. But, when it comes to the police/military, their job is rather special and has special needs.

I doubt you'd ever hear a marine say "Ya, I'm a marine, but I'm my own person too." They just don't think that way. (However, you WOULD hear them say "Ya, I'm about to fight 15 army guys, but I'm a marine and I'm gonna win 'cause I'm invincible!! Hoorah!!". And then he'd get his ass handed to him in a bad way. Which really has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. . . I'm just sharing.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We need some left-winger to come in an assault my corporate-diversity thingy.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Well, I'm all corporate-like, and we value diversity. (We even have a diversity month, diversity training, a diversity executive council...)
I've never understood this argument. Not that I think that diversity is a bad thing, but it isn't required the way some people think.

Two examples would be Germany (WWII) and Japan. Not real big on diversity and Germany damn near took over Europe and Japan became economic powerhouse without it.

France is super big on diversity and tolerance, and they are pathetic.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think forced diversity is as evil as forced segregation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think forced diversity is as evil as forced segregation.

I agree 100%.

You cannot force people to not be racist or prejudiced and programs designed to do that only create racism.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've never understood this argument. Not that I think that diversity is a bad thing, but it isn't required the way some people think.

Two examples would be Germany (WWII) and Japan. Not real big on diversity and Germany damn near took over Europe and Japan became economic powerhouse without it.

1) Germany lost
2) Japan's economy has been shit for 15+ years.
3) France is to diversity as cleanliness is to French people.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Normally, I'd stand up for the first amendment, but anything that lessens the number of cops anywhere is something I'll promote.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

1) Germany lost
2) Japan's economy has been shit for 15+ years.
3) France is to diversity as cleanliness is to French people.
1) Germany lost to a whites-only army.

Women were getting into the factories at home, but then the same hing happened in Germany.

Jap Americans got thrown in jail, Jew Germans got thrown in the gas chamber.

Germany didn't have the black population America did, but they would have been put to work in the factories, too.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Whoa. If we had black Union regiments in the Civil War, I'll say w\ relative certainty that we had blacks fighting the Nazis somewhere.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I agree with Malcolm. Wasn't there a famous group of black pilots or bombers in WW2?

Or was that just Hollywood?

Edited By Leisher on 1131045828
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There was the Tuskegee Airmen, but I don't recall any Divisions of black troops in Europe. We would have had them shoved down our throats in February, by now.