Using the memory of your fallen son for fun and - profit.

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Edited By GORDON on 1126633860
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

Interesting
"Despite what the headlines say, Sheehan, 48, is more antiwar protester than grieving mother," said a column Friday in the online version of the American Spectator. "She is co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace, an organization that seeks to impeach George W. Bush and apparently to convince the U.S. government to surrender to Muslim terrorists."

There goes any sympathy I had for her.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I knew about that.... but I didn't want to put it in the main article because I wanted to keep that point pure.... she is dishonoring the memory of her son no matter WHAT her true intentions.

But yeah, she's a crazy, barking moonbat. She blames most things on Israel, too.
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

That's ok. According to one article, she and her crew are to be arrested if they're still there on the basis of national security. Something to do with Rumsfeld and Rice visiting.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You notice what a dick the author of the article I quoted was? Calling Texans rednecks, and such.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've seen hoardes of articles about this bitch. I've seen her on TV and heard her on radio.

Funny how the thing you don't hear a lot of is that the Sheehan family including Casey's father, grandparents, aunts, cousins, etc. have released a statement condemning Cindy Sheehan and claiming that her current campaign is politically motivated and the rest of the family supports Bush and the war in Iraq.

Fuck Cindy Sheehan. If there is a hell, I'm sure there's a special place for people like her who try and turn their children's deaths into photo ops for themselves.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Her husband has filed for divorce.

Notice the note below the picture.

She's posing for a magazine in that picture.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looks like she's gone off the deep end, and the Kos Kids are leading the way.
Vince

Post by Vince »

The funny thing is that she was shaping up to be a useful tool for the left until her statement about not paying taxes until Bush gives her her son back, and trying to make policies for Israel.

My prediction is that the media is going to quietly and quickly stop covering her, especially if she continues to make stupid ass remarks like that.

I think we've just wittnessed her media implosion.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

She's beyond the deep end. I vaguely heard about hear prior to my vacation, and in the airport last night I saw her on TV, calling Mr Bush the "greatest terrorist of our time"
It's not me, it's someone else.
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

My prediction is that the media is going to quietly and quickly stop covering her, especially if she continues to make stupid ass remarks like that.
Today only the BBC is covering her.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

NBC evening news was still all over it, yesterday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

NPR still there this morning.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

NPR still there this morning.
No shock there. They will be the last "hangers on" I'd imagine.

One thing I have noticed is her name is being dropped from the headlines now with media opting to use more genric terms like "Peace Protest"

Things like this aren't going to help her either. I saw McCain on one of the Sunday shows and I could tell he was really struggling to stop himself from saying more about the Presidents meetings with the families. McCain had been with the President for one of these sessions (though not being in the rooms when the President met with them individually). He was really having a hard time biting his tongue about the notion that Bush "didn't care" about these families.

Although I don't care much for McCain's politics (he's rather watered down, IMO), I do like his character.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yahoo, who gets all of their news from the AP wire, is now calling her "Peace Mom".
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

A voice of reason

The article is marred by metion of that crazy woman.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I've been working this theory that Sheehan is one of these people that just wants to be the focus of attention. Like the psychos that will mildly poison their own kids to be in the center of attention, care and concern at hospitals.

I would imagine she played it to the hilt when her son was serving in Iraq, then again after he died. After a year of that, the attention started to fall off, so here she goes again.

The latest was her calling Bush the greatest terrorist on the planet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

LOCAL news this morning merely called her a "peace protester."

Local to Camp Lejeune, that is.
Vince

Post by Vince »