Denounment.

Comment threads from front page posts.
Kabup

Post by Kabup »

GORDON wrote:From here.
It isn't our fault we are the greatest fucking country in the history of all humanity.
Hmmm... The Roman Empire existed for almost 2000 years...

The Britain Empire, 300 years, right?

And about the strenght, and money... Take the relative time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

By that logic the United States should have folded before the advent of the 19th century.

Hannibal aint on the horizon.

Edited By GORDON on 1099713564
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It would be difficult for me to believe that the US was the most powerful country in the world in the 1700s, Gordo.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok, so we were the most powerful when, the 80's? We should have folded by 2000, then.
Kabup

Post by Kabup »

We can talk about this on 4004. Then I´ll agree with you.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm starting to reach the point where I'm placing stem cell research in the same catagory as "save the rain forests because the cures for AIDs and cancer are in their exotic flora". Remember those claims? Rain forests were saved. Where're the new drugs?

Has any experiments with stem cells had any successful results? I've heard no, but would be open to see some links. Even tests with rats haven't gone anywhere.

Crisi are created to generate funding.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

Vince wrote:I'm starting to reach the point where I'm placing stem cell research in the same catagory as "save the rain forests because the cures for AIDs and cancer are in their exotic flora". Remember those claims? Rain forests were saved. Where're the new drugs?

Has any experiments with stem cells had any successful results? I've heard no, but would be open to see some links. Even tests with rats haven't gone anywhere.

Aren't we just a product of modern consumerism. Yes, the current tangible rewards of stem cell research are limited to non-existant. But, this is a new and somewhat resisted research endeavor. It takes years (close to a decade in most cases) to get a new drug designed and delivered to the markets, for wholly new avenues of medical research it takes decades. You can't have it now, but the possiblility for future advancements is extremely high. This is how research works, you have to try or you won't get anywhere. I find it extremely short-sighted to think that just because we haven't got anything yet, that we never will.

P.S. The only crisis around stem-cell research has been brought on by the religious right. If they would have just left the researchers alone, you probably wouldn't know what it was unless you were well read in medical journals.
Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Vince wrote:I'm starting to reach the point where I'm placing stem cell research in the same catagory as "save the rain forests because the cures for AIDs and cancer are in their exotic flora". Remember those claims? Rain forests were saved. Where're the new drugs?

Rain forests are not saved. In fact, they´re still going away, fast.

And I don´t believe that we must save the forests just to get something of them. I like to live in a world with trees, not just buildings everywhere.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Uh oh.
Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Alright, go ahead, say 'What a pussie', or whatever.

But I believe there´s something else on life that buy the last DVD machine, or have a 40´ television on your room.

I´m know what I´m saying. I already have see that. Hundreds of miles burned, to become a cow´s farm, and make money to somebody have a good life elsewhere.

Good to that guy. Bad for me. And for you, even you don´t know it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Kabup wrote:Alright, go ahead, say 'What a pussie', or whatever.

But I believe there´s something else on life that buy the last DVD machine, or have a 40´ television on your room.

I´m know what I´m saying. I already have see that. Hundreds of miles burned, to become a cow´s farm, and make money to somebody have a good life elsewhere.

Good to that guy. Bad for me. And for you, even you don´t know it.
This might be the strangest thing I've ever seen posted on this forum.
Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Did you like it?
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

I didn't understand it. Can you repost that message, but pay attention to grammatical errors such as verb tense and sentence structure. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'd like to know what you're saying so I can agree/disagree, but I just have to know what you're saying first.

P.S. Check your prepositions, it seems you may have some prepositions confused.
Mommy Dearest

Post by Mommy Dearest »

Looks like English as a second language
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

Mommy Dearest wrote:Looks like English as a second language
True enough, so I specified what particularly he/she needed to fix for good understanding.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Mommy Dearest wrote:Looks like English as a second language
Yeah... that's why I wasn't too harsh.

It almost seemed like an acid trip, heh.
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

Are you saying you think I was too harsh? ???
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Don't recall saying that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Kabup wrote:Alright, go ahead, say 'What a pussie', or whatever.

But I believe there´s something more to life than buying the latest DVD player or having a 40" television in your room.

I<s>´m</s> know what I´m talking about. I've already seen that. Hundreds of miles burned<s>,</s> to become a cow<s>´s</s> farm, and make money for someone, living elsewhere, to have a good life.

Good for that guy. Bad for me. And for you, although you don´t know it.

I think that's what he meant.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

AAAcualy, I saw some video of stem cells doing to pretty incredible things with rats. What I saw was:

They broke, and removed a chunk of the rat's spinal cord. Like, 2 or 3 vertabrae worth. Didn't just break, but actually removed it. So, there was a gap in the spinal cord. They put a glob of stem cells in there. And that's really what it was. Just a glob of it. The stem cells actually started reconnecting the cord. The rat started walking again. Cool thing was, the stem cells didn't connect the stuff correct. In other words, there's like tons of 'wires' going down your cord. When the stem cells reconnected them, it was all random. It didn't match the top half of the wire to the bottom half. So, they figured the rat was gonna be all mucked up. Brain sends a signal to move it's right leg down the old wire. But, the signal ended up in the left toe or something. Cool thing is, the brain figured this out. It eventually started sending the leg move signal down the wire that would actually move the leg. So, things were all jacked up, but the brain sent the signals down different wires till it figured it all out. The rat was able to walk again and was gaining aditional functions all the time. It was clumsy, but walking none the less. I was impressed as hell from that.

I hope that made sense.