Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Greek isles on fire.

It is hot here. Quite hot. Like 100 degrees, up to 110 in mainland (Athens, etc). We're on Crete, no fires.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Stay hydrated.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:04 amStay hydrated.
harder than you would think. But yeah, doing our best. Mostly staying inside between 12 and 4?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Montana judge rules in favor of young people in climate change lawsuit.

Ok, the skeptic in me immediately discounts every part of this because it'll get crushed in appeal.

However, this is a win for people against government/business, and that's something, right?

Whether you buy into man made global warming or not, I think we all (outside of the looneys) agree on two things:
1. Polluting the Earth should be avoided.
2. Corporations, not individual people and/or families are the primary polluters.

In other news, Lake Mead is filling back up, but...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Until they stop the Saudis from growing alfalfa in AZ to ship overseas, they're not being serious.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/i ... -water-use
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Agreed.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

There are people saying "park ranger" while others are saying this incident took place on a rez and that's rez police. Either way, I approve.

These asshats are risking people's lives to what end? Only the first few cars even know why they're stopped. In what way do they think they're helping or going to make something change?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That makes me smile.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Assholes on reddit are hating on Travolta's house.

I am very much over shaming individuals, even folks at this level, for their pollution. It's negligible. However, people like Al Gore are still fair game because they're telling us to cut back while polluting at 1000X our rate themselves.

Go after corporations and the governments that enable them or shut the fuck up.

Douchebags spray paint a yacht.

Again, what exactly are you achieving?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Clickbait headline and familiar message.

The headline implies a danger with microwaves. The actual story is we use plastics way too much and we're poisoning ourselves with them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, the "natural gas destroys the lungs of children" campaign has already started by the windmill lobby, so who is behind banning microwaves? Who benefits? Big Airfryer?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's always been an anti-microwave sentiment, which is odd. I think people simply don't understand how it cooks. They think it's radioactive or something.

However, that article is more about the plastics used to hold the food and how the microwave's cooking method is putting trace amounts into the food. I would think air fryers are doing the same considering their trays are made of plastic.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Mine's all metal. I would have guessed plastic would melt in one. Huh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought the actual drawer on ours is that super hard plastic. I'll look again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

London's mayor is a big Climate Change activist.

He's also flown 430K miles since he became mayor.

You're the mayor of London, not the British Prime Minister. Why are you flying everywhere? your responsibilities begin and end at the city limits of London. I guess London has no problems, so he's able to focus his energy on the climate?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

41,412 of the air miles total, when all six attendees and both legs of the journey are taken into account.
So, if they are all on the same plane, shouldn't the miles be 1/6 of the journey, not multiplied by six? Or did they all take a different plane?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No idea, but it doesn't counter anything about him being an elected official of a city and not a global ambassador for Climate Change.

At least Greta sails for her trips.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Putting this here as it's one of the reasons...

NYC is attempting to roll out a charge for people who drive into the city.

New Jersey is suing over it, which makes sense considering they house many of the commuters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »