California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

According to the video, which I unfortunately saw, dude laid on the ground for a good amount of time without anyone rendering aid. That's a lot of blood that could have been stopped from spilling.

I genuinely believe most people have good inside of them, but our society has beaten that instinct out of a lot of people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:39 pm According to the video, which I unfortunately saw, dude laid on the ground for a good amount of time without anyone rendering aid. That's a lot of blood that could have been stopped from spilling.

I genuinely believe most people have good inside of them, but our society has beaten that instinct out of a lot of people.
The more people witness a thing, the less inclined people are to act. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... der-effect
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I commanded the scene when my kid was hit by a car. Barked out orders, gave out assignments, and began first aid.

You want me around in an emergency.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think the new board is ready for YouTube shorts yet?

This is an interesting take on homelessness in CA, and one I had not considered. That is a LOT of money being spent completely inefficiently, and one wonders how much is actually reaching those in need.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dude learned nothing from Reginald Denny.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Scott Adams was right.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

When I was in Florida 2 years ago, they had a similar problem with people living in dilapidated boats along rivers/waterways that the state couldn't do anything about.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:43 pm
When I was in Florida 2 years ago, they had a similar problem with people living in dilapidated boats along rivers/waterways that the state couldn't do anything about.
Housing prices continue to be out of control, but at least interest rates are low... :roll: (Dear future readers, Interest rates are NOT low at the time this was written. This is sarcasm.)

Controlling a populace by giving them a job, mortgage, family, and entertainment only works as long as there are jobs, affordable housing, family dynamics aren't a shitshow, and entertainment is affordable. All of those things are trending in the wrong direction.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:16 pm Housing prices continue to be out of control, but at least interest rates are low... (Dear future readers, Interest rates are NOT low at the time this was written. This is sarcasm.)
Compared to the early 80s they are :)
Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:16 pm All of those things are trending in the wrong direction.
Raising minimum wage would be a nice start.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:26 pm Raising minimum wage would be a nice start.
Let's end Wall St's influence first or raising the minimum wage won't have much of an effect.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not picking on California here, but this is the thread where we've most discussed the "legal crime", so I feel like this fits here. This is apparently in Portland.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This could also be the Democratic Party thread...

Ds on a Public Safety Committee refuse to classify trafficking a child as a serious felony.

This bill had already cleared CA's Senate with unanimous bipartisan support.
None of the six Democrats on the Assembly Public Safety Committee were willing to cast a vote on the measure Tuesday. Republican Assemblymen Juan Alanis and Tom Lackey were the bill's only yes votes.
The Assembly Public Safety Committee and its leader, Jones-Sawyer, received criticism this year after refusing to hear fentanyl-related public safety bills. The committee has also rejected other measures that would increase penalties for domestic violence offenders, rapists of developmentally disabled children and other sexually violent crimes.

One of the sentence enhancements the committee has approved boosted penalties against people convicted of damaging or destroying property worth more than $275,000.
Property means more than their constituents' lives.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently this guy is a geopolitical expert, and this is NOT a politically driven video. He just breaks down certain trends hitting California, mostly based on demographic numbers, and discusses what it means. Interesting.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Insurance company drops homeowner after flying a drone over his house and taking pictures without permission.

Seems like they're really just making up excuses to drop people, and also being very invasive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:51 pm Insurance company drops homeowner after flying a drone over his house and taking pictures without permission.

Seems like they're really just making up excuses to drop people, and also being very invasive.
Seems cheaper than sending people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, to be fair, they later claimed it was a plane and not a drone, so...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This video is NSFW.

Our leaders were very wise to get rid of the asylums...