Civilization III

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher wrote:As for not building the wonders...I must be doing something wrong because I'm in a game now where I've built about 10 wonders to the rest of the world's one and I'm also waaaayyyyy ahead in the tech race.
I don't know I am just going with what the people who play it on diety mode say and I avoid wonders for the most part and my games turn out a lot better for me. It isn't that you don't build any wonders ever although I do that from time to time it is more so that you don't become obsessed with them. So times the settler is more important then the Temple of Zues or whatever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher, what difficulty level are you playing at?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember I'm just learning, so I'm only playing at 2 above chiefton, whatever that is...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I got the Conquests and PTW expansion a few weeks ago. I'm still learning the new shit, but I can hold my own for quite a while on Monarch.

I was playing Emperor level prior to the expansion.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Unless they fixed how much this game sucked, I won't be breaking it out anytime soon.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Unless they fixed how much this game sucked, I won't be breaking it out anytime soon.
I hated this game when it first came out.

But re-discovered it around Christmas last year. Fun.
It's not me, it's someone else.