Free "big name" MMORPG

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anarchy Online is now free. Ads make up for the lost revenue.

On a sidenote, the ad in the middle of the article is pretty funny.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Mechwarriors make you laugh too?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Must be a rotating ad.

The article is about Anarchy Online, but I got a huge animated ad for World of Warcraft (another MMORPG).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I tried it for about 5 seconds with Cake... no full pvp, no real consequences for death. Fucking yawn.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm actually more interested in WoW. Its getting great reviews and has PvP, but I'm not sure what the penalties for death are. Guess I'll be doing some research tonight.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Been there done that. No looting. Consequences amount to MAYBE having to spend a looong time trying to recover your stuff if the person/people that killed you don't leave your corpse so you can loot it yourself. Not sure about a decay time. But basically, there is no risk/reward to PvP. You can't even capture areas/cities. People were debating that. If the ogres attack a city, they should capture it. Others say that the capturing of cities will disrupt the auto-quest engine in the sense that you might have a quest to do in that city, but if it's over run by the ogres, then you can't complete the quest and this stalls your level advancement. Blah blah blah. It's basically CS in a ogre/human skin. Fight, die, hit space bar to respawn, repeat.

However, if you just like to play RPGs, I've heard it's excelent. Just don't expect much beyond monster bashing if you want a reward for your effort.