Did anyone else

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Go to EBGames Friday morning to get Call of Duty for $10 and Doom 3 for $20?

Or am I the only geek tightwad.

Anyone get one of those 160GB Drives at Best Buy for $30? I did manage to snag a 50 pack of DVD+R for $3 thanks to the wife.
Zetleft

Post by Zetleft »

Even if I didn't have to work Friday morning I was not about to suffer through crowds lined up waiting for like 5 hours for the stores to open. That way lies insanity.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

AAAAActually. The EBGames I went to was dead. Me and 2 other people. Best Buy on the other hand. Insanity. I got there well after the opening frenzy. The only reason I was in and out of there with a purchase in <30 minutes was due to pure luck. Wife was in the long line while I walked around. Service desk was empty, so they were told to pick a random person from line to cash out. They picked my wife. So, about 45 minutes were saved there. And that's where she saw the 50 pack of DVD+Rs. They were all gone on the floor. Someone had put that pack behind the service counter. She saw them and asked for them. We got 'em. Loads of fun and savings on Friday morning!! But, like I said. All the good stuff was gone in the first 5 minutes. Like, the 71 hard drives. But, I got there well after that madness. Bought a $35 Magnavox DVD player to replace one that's old and skips alot.

Not that any of that is interesting. I'm just killing time.
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

Day after Thanksgiving shopping is the creation of Satan or whatever you call the ultimate evil in the universe. Personally, I refuse to allow Cthulu to have me so easily.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It really wasn't that bad. . . at least, not at the stores I was at. The lines were long. But not any longer than any other weekend before X-Mas. But again, I missed the 7am opening mob/madness.