Yahtzee Game - Testers, please?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hey all,

I wrote a Yahtzee-like game to teach myself to be more proficient with C#, and to work on the state machines for games.

If any of ya'll would test it and provide comments, I'd appreciate it.

Yahtzee Game

The game requires .Net Framework 1.1, and uses a non-standard IIS port for the high scores and the download itself. (High scores are tracked centrally right now, not at the machine).
It's not me, it's someone else.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Is it first person perspective?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Yes it is first person. First person suuuuuucks!! Graphics are so 1992 and the controls are weak and boring. W A S D keys didn't do anything, even though it's first person. I don't get it.

Actually, I loaded and tried it for a few seconds. My initial thoughts:

Not too bad. I like that it shows your score options, and lets you pick from there. It also tells you how short you are for the bonus points. Couple suggestions.

1. Any Yatzee game I've played, you select the dice you want to keep, and roll the others. So, my first roll, I rolled the dice I wanted to keep. Ya, I coulda read the directions. But still. I would like to be able to select the dice I want to keep and roll the non-selected.

2. Once you select the dice you want to keep, keep them selected so you don't have to select them again the second round. So when I select the 3 sixes after the first roll, they are still selected and I can add the fourth 6 to my selection and roll for Yatzee. Rather than reselect the original 3 sixes again.

3. Make a server and keep it massive and persistant. Make it so you can poison other people's dice and stuff. That would be cool.

Kidding with 3.

I'll throw more out there after I actually play a game through.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) Well, there are no directions yet.

1/2) I wasn't sure which way to go on this, but overall I think it would be more obvious if the dice did something when you clicked on them (like went back to a roll cup, or ones you selected to keep went to be next to you) or something more graphically advanced than the game currently is.

Thanks for testing!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Those would work too. I'd mainly want to be able to keep my selection selected. Would help reduce the number of accidental rereolls as well.