Rattle a table? That's a 911 call

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article.

The teacher rattles a table to get the attention of the students and the proper response is to call 911?

The student should be suspended, and charged with making a fake emergency call. The teacher shouldn't be put on administrative leave. Yeah, it's paid, but that doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

The cops came and found nothing wrong. How is that not a waste of resources? Now the school system, which I'm sure is just bursting at the seams with extra money, has to pay two teachers for one position until this teacher is allowed back.

I can hear parents and educators saying "The child was right to call 911 if she felt threatened. We shouldn't discourage that." Yes we fucking should!!! What kind of message is that sending to other kids? Teacher pissing you off? Call 911 and you'll get a break.

Parents in this country need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that kids not only can make mistakes, but the VAST MAJORITY of decisions they make are mistakes!!! They're kids!!! You don't teach them right from wrong by ignoring it when they do wrong. You teach them by showing them the consequences of their actions.

You certainly don't punish someone else because the child made a bad decision.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

California. 'Nuff said
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DoctorChaos wrote:California. 'Nuff said
Seconded. They may as well be their own damn country now. Then they'll sink into debt and have to be annexed.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."