new desktop

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Case arrived today. Fucking huge. Might have to set it on top of the desk.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TWSS.

Mine goes "thwack" when I put it on top of the desk.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Western Digital Red HDD got delivered. All the charges on the CC also went through, so everything should either be shipped or getting shipped shortly.

EDIT: Also starting to suspect that it's not Visa, but my CU that puts the decline on my debit card payments.

Edited By Malcolm on 1395762278
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Got a free copy of Daylight (somehow valued at $90 -- I guess when you're giving shit away, it could be worth its weight in gold)

$9.99 on Steam.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Power supply delivered. Waiting on vid card and peripherals (keyboard, mouse, monitors).
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Barring setbacks and hardware failures, should be up and Thiefing sometime next weekend. Quite a bit of BL2 to catch up on as well.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The United States Postal Service: Half-assing it to make your life as inconvenient and head-smackingly difficult as humanly possible.

I had three shipments arrive at work today. One was from New Egg. The tracker page says "delivered." UPS did its job.

The other two shipments (from places I'll call "not New Egg") were GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING RETURNED to the eternally retarded and useless post office from whence they came. One website had the sanity to redirect to the USPS redelivery form. The other, no. How the USPS couldn't find the magical place where UPS dropped their shit off is beyond me. If they're not blind and it's purely a protocol thing, then fuck their biz model back to the eighteenth century where it belongs. UPS found a way to leave me a $700 video card with a single trip. The USPS hasn't yet figured out how to leave my considerably less valuable and cumbersome RAM sticks in the same way. They will be making double the number of trips because, hey, they're a gov't entity propped up no matter how much ass they suck.

And while the biz is technically "closed" there are still a few employees coming and security personnel on site. I have to believe someone's at the shipping dock because that someone received my vid card.

Edited By Malcolm on 1396139579
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Monitors, vid card, and mouse have shown up. Let's see how long it takes the tenth-rate USPS to redeliver they keyboard and RAM.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tracker pages don't say anything about redelivery, yet I have redelivery confirmation emails. Their automated customer service phone makes it virtually impossible to talk to a human being. Fuck you USPS.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tracker pages say delivered. We'll see.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

RAM and keyboard arrived. Fucking awesome. Will find time to build the beast this weekend.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Everything wired up. Been wired up for a bit now. MSDN account expired. Finally got it renewed today. On the other hand, even the BIOS screen looks vaguely cool.

Edited By Malcolm on 1398867246
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You build PCs at the same pace Gordo builds man caves.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Finally got it renewed today.

Or sometime in the next 2 days. Fuck.

You build PCs at the same pace Gordo builds man caves.

The PC has been built for sometime. Hardware's fine. Software's in limbo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

T - 2 weeks: Make sure have access to software
T: Install software
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:T - 2 weeks: Make sure have access to software
Last I logged into the MSDN account, it was active. Logged in a couple weeks later, was inactive. Said it expired 3-Jan of this year. Should've grabbed the iso before.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why not just pirate it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cakedaddy wrote:Why not just pirate it?

Because work owes me free copies, damnit.
(Bart opens Grampa's gift, a box of cash)
Marge: Where'd you get all the money?
Grampa: The government. I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment I'll raise hell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
TheCatt wrote:T - 2 weeks: Make sure have access to software
Last I logged into the MSDN account, it was active. Logged in a couple weeks later, was inactive. Said it expired 3-Jan of this year. Should've grabbed the iso before.
Yeah, you can always download and keep the key...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:You build PCs at the same pace Gordo builds man caves.
no yOU are the one who does that
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."