G8 leaders agree to good PR

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article
President Barack Obama joined other leaders of the industrialized world Wednesday in backing new targets for battling global warming.

It sure it great to know that the leaders of the world's most powerful nations are willing to use bad science to help them set policy.

White House officials confirmed that Obama agreed to language supporting a goal of keeping the world's average temperature from rising more than 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit).

How is that even remotely measurable? (I'm not talking about the temperature, but their affect on it.)

How can anyone think such a goal is anything other than ridiculously arrogant and ignorant (if they actually believe they can achieve it) or a PR stunt to keep the people happy?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It just makes me sad.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not measurable, but it's better than the 80/50 reductions they had been talking about it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ain't they all just been bitching about how badly the Italians are handling shyte?

Edited By Malcolm on 1247103694
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Italians, China, India, etc.

And I don't care what reductions they agree to, it's still all based on bad science. How much more does global warming have to be debunked by actual scientists before people stop believing Al Gore?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”