Lefties trying to bankrupt Palin family.

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Taking umbrage with those with whom you disagree politically with lawyers.

Guess the party.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post....Dg1ZjE=
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This has become a regular tactic of the left, destroying the lives of those who oppose their political beliefs.

Ask Joe the Plumber, the guy gets attacked throughout the MSM because he asked Obama a legit question instead of tossing him a marshmallow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Yeah, Joe the Plumber: tax cheat. Burn him!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Tax cheat and deadbeat dad! I truly think he's an ass for the deadbeat dad thing, BUT that doesn't make the question he asked Obama any less relevant.

Funny how Timothy Geithner is also a tax cheat, yet the MSM mostly ignored that little fact and he's now the Treasury Secretary.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Geithner's tax problems were pretty minor compared to the other Obama nominations who got raked through the press (and withdrew).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Geithner's tax problems were pretty minor compared to the other Obama nominations who got raked through the press (and withdrew).

Geithner was the first person who came to mind when writing my post.

Besides, the treasury secretary having tax issues, no matter how minor, is a FAR bigger deal that some plumber who simply asked a presidential candidate a question.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

At this point I'm curious as to whether ANY democrat politicians pay their taxes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Geither's not a Democrat, at yeah, since 3 fucked up, clearly all of the thousands of them are tax dodgers too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Your mom the senior democratic representative from NC, or something? Testy testy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hah. couldn't be much further from the truth.

no, it was just a wildly..... DU-like comment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was also made in jest.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:Geithner's tax problems were pretty minor compared to the other Obama nominations who got raked through the press (and withdrew).
Given the last few weeks, I have a gut feeling that there are some of the nominations that went hunting for something to disqualify them. At least until the chinese fire drill settles down.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I guess Palin has had enough of being persecuted for daring to run on the wrong side of the last election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic....overnor

Or is there some other reason?

For some reason the idea that political process is too repugnant for her to bear makes her even more appealing, to me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Very strange that she would just resign rather than wait.
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:For some reason the idea that political process is too repugnant for her to bear makes her even more appealing, to me.
I agree. May turn out she's the smartest person ever to have entered (and left) poliics.

I'm sure this will stop the jokes on late night TV...
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

A few quotes in that article struck me.
One factor she cited was the media and political attacks on her, and she suggested that her reason for quitting abruptly was to allow the state to move forward under Parnell without distraction, calling this the "right path for Alaska."

Todd Palin told FOX News that his wife will concentrate on "doing the things for Alaska and the country" that she is passionate about and cannot do as governor with the limitation and constant opposition she deals with within the state.

Palin used a basketball analogy on Friday, saying that she saw the "full-court press" of attacks on her and knew that she had to "pass the ball to victory."

A good basketball player, she said, "knows exactly when to pass the ball so her team can win, and that is what I'm doing."

Pass off all you want, but some day, someone is going to have to take the shot. The pachyderms need to figure out strategies to improve their PR & legal game. Otherwise they'll end up going extinct. "It's too hard," and "There's no way," ain't options, either. Some motherfucker HAS to draw a line somewhere. Which means someone needs to formulate a plan. How much longer do they need?

This doesn't sound like someone who's fed up w\ politics, but rather someone who's pissed at getting targeted & sniped at for several months. Which leads into the next quote ...

"Either Sarah Palin is leaving the people of Alaska high and dry to pursue her long shot national political ambitions or she simply can't handle the job," Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse said in a written statement, calling it the latest in a "pattern of bizarre behavior."

The "high and dry" part seems bullshit. Prelude to a long-shot office attempt? Prez in 2012 or whatever? Doubt it. But public office can be fucking brutal. Especially if you're on the team that feels the duty to participate in the political decathlon w\ one leg amputated. No one, & I mean absolutely no one in her party had her back (meaning no one hired & paid for the appropriate lawyers). & she really doesn't seem to be the one that draws the line or comes up w\ the plan.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."