Obama gets "tough"

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

AP article on Yahoo.

MSNBC article.

Check out the difference in those articles. That AP article is dripping with contempt for anyone who questions his holiness. Notice how the Yahoo article also brings up health care and the anti-smoking bill. Yeah, there's no bias in the MSM...

Still, one part that I thought was pretty funny from Obama's "tough talk":
"But we must also bear witness to the courage and dignity of the Iranian people, and to a remarkable opening within Iranian society. And we deplore violence against innocent civilians anywhere that it takes place."

"We have seen courageous women stand up to brutality and threats, and we have experienced the searing image of a woman bleeding to death on the streets," Obama said. "While this loss is raw and painful, we also know this: Those who stand up for justice are always on the right side of history."

Obama said he's watched the video. "It's heartbreaking," he said. "I think that anybody who sees it knows that there's something fundamentally unjust about it."

So people who stand up to dictators and help free oppressed people are ALWAYS on the right side of history? So why were the Dems always criticizing Bush and his war in Iraq? (Yes, I'm being a smartass, but I think it's a valid question considering his statement.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:So people who stand up to dictators and help free oppressed people are ALWAYS on the right side of history?
No. Sometimes they get crushed. Statistics says most of the time, they get crushed.

What's "right?" Living to rebel later or going down in a blaze of glory (which might inspire future revolution or get swept under the rug as history is written by the winners)?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."