NFL on Stallworth's fatal DUI charge

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Suspended indefinitely. As the article says though, the last "indefinite" suspension wasn't even two months.
The night before the crash, Stallworth earned a $4.5 million roster bonus from the Browns, whose offseason moves since have indicated they were not counting on having him available.

4.5 mil & you can't call a fucking cab? Fuck, I'd call a limo. Shit, I'd call two just cos I had 4.5 fucking million dollars.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Malcolm wrote:Suspended indefinitely. As the article says though, the last "indefinite" suspension wasn't even two months.
Last guy to kill someone drunk driving got an 8 game ban.

Since the new commissioner wants better behavior and decision making from the players my guess is that stallworth gets a longer suspension if for no other reason to appear to be tougher on fuckheads.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just find it amazing that nobody bats an eye at a guy getting 30 days in jail for killing someone.

Another one is Plaxico in New York. There's a MANDATORY minimum sentence of 3 years for his crime, but you know he's going to get 3 months or something.

How many people are rotting in jail for these same crimes simply because they're not a celebrity and rich?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher wrote:I just find it amazing that nobody bats an eye at a guy getting 30 days in jail for killing someone.

I don't have an issue with it because the family seems to be pleased with the sentence. They are happy with the money they got and it was more important then his sentence. The impression that I get is if the family pushed harder they could have gotten a longer sentence but less cash.

If it was me I would be fucking angry but maybe the family is dirt poor and getting a better life is more important thing to come out of this tragedy then a longer jail sentence. Don't really know all the specifics but it does seem very light.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1245444628
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher wrote:Another one is Plaxico in New York. There's a MANDATORY minimum sentence of 3 years for his crime, but you know he's going to get 3 months or something.

Yeah Mayor Bloomberg(or whatever his name is) was talking like a hard ass when it first happened and now it seems like they are going to work him and let him plea for jail time during the off season. Not that it will matter much since the NFL will come down on him also.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1245444756