Canadians declared racist - for lampooning Obama

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Read here about Canadian censorship.
The Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council said it found "nothing redeeming in the allegedly comedic notion that an American president should be shot, still less that this would be easier to achieve because of the color of the president's skin. It was a disturbing, wounding, abusive racial comment".

The comment? Here's an example ...
The New Year's Eve "Bye Bye" comedy program -- shown by the French-language Radio Canada network -- generated more than 200 complaints. In one segment, two hosts discussed Obama's election in November 2008. Obama, who took office in January, is the first black U.S. president.

"We're not racists. It will be good to have a Negro in the White House. It will be practical. Black on white, it will be easier to shoot him," one of the show's hosts remarked.

I once saw a stand-up comic do a bit about, "Have you ever had to fight a black guy at night w\ no lights around? It's unfair." Apparently, that dude would've gotten fined in Canada.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I have, personally, seen more than one leftie argue that everyone who doesn't like Obama is racist. The majority of the left will argue that these zealots don't exist, and then look the other way when confronted with evidence. They say "those are just the fringe elements of the left." When suggested that maybe religious wackos are just fringe elements of the right, the disagree, saying the right embraces the wackos and are therefor mainstream.

I swear to Obama that everything I just said is true, and I see it all the time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council said it found "nothing redeeming in the allegedly comedic notion that an American president should be shot,

Interesting.

Of course, Canadian stations air "The Whitest Kids U Know" and they did this sketch during Bush's tenure.

While that sketch is funny, I wonder why the Canadian government wasn't up in arms about it?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Bush is white. And old.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bush is white. And old.

Race wasn't the only issue as I pointed out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”