Losing interest

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Interest in the game was going down, and a couple days ago my building minister expired.... Lately I'm just logging in twice a day to check food levels.

Just FYI. Don't think I have the patience to wait for the end game.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There is no end game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Says right there on the home page there will be an end-game.

I don't think they'll actually do it for a long time, though, "opening the moongates," or whatever the plan is. Not like it makes business sense for them to kill off 99% of the players on the server.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, hard for me to care either. Care factor is all-time low. I'm just triyng to get my stuff built on 51 so I can have some war and go out with a bang.

I'm adding grav to the leaders chat. At this rate, may just be him, xorloc, and fysith left.

Edited By TheCatt on 1281535496
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I still log on twice a day to throw things into my build queue, but if I had my choice, I'd rather have that hour a day I spend doing that for other things.

Point being, when you guys quit, I'm out too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They made a mistake delaying the end game so long. If they'd done it by now, peeps would have gotten beaten and restarted. As it is, peeps are getting burned out and quitting, and there is no restarting.

Smells like EA logic, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Travian's similar. Takes a year for the game to go. But, you also dont have as much growth. I think I had about 50 cities in Travian towards the end, and a top 10 ranking. Here I could be making 3 cities a day if I wanted. Each city is like 1,000 clicks (100 bldgs, 10 levels each)... that's insane.

Right now I spend about an hour a day on the game, plus random time here and there when doing software builds, waiting for test results, etc. And yeah, I may as well have that time doing something else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

My first choice for the next couple weeks would be the handfull of us (Fysith, Gordon, me, Catt, Leisher, etc) break off, form our own alliance and immediately attack all on 52, like we should have done a long time ago. Would LOVE to show the others how much they suck.. . or, learn how much we over estimated our own abilities. My biggest regret in the game is not attacking DK. Now I'll never know if we really could have.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I logged in this morning and topped off my cities, but I logged in just now and I had starved out 25k knights from my cav city over 5 hours.

Not sure if I should even bother to rebuild them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So.... how would we want to handle giving my cities away? Who, if anyone, would want them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'll take whatever. Especially the ones in the east of 52, and thones on 51
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cake want any?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll take the ones closest to me. I think there's two or three to the East of my castle, Avalon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Gordon, if it makes a difference, and I'm guessing it doesn't... the top 10 players of the alliance are going to AlphaDogs, so there should be plenty of war.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eh, don't care. Haven't you sliced and diced up my account, yet?

ANd the top TEN players? Didn't realize TKV had that many actually active.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And I wasn't mising "war," I've been fighting huge battles for months on my other account. I'm just tired of all the work maintaining those armies is. Having to keep checking on them every day to keep them fed, and even when I do OOPS I must have forgotten that city, and all of a sudden you lose 25k knights. Screw it. If they can't automate that process, and if they can't start the end game, then I am not interested.

Edited By GORDON on 1282092392
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I hear ya. I am food neutral in almost all castles. Which means smaller armies, but I can also just say fuck em.

Nah, we haven't sliced/diced anything yet, I've been too busy to even think about it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Then the armies I had are all but gone. Estimating my cities had like 25k food production, but the armies were sucking down 35-55k.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So what would happen if I sent a Baron over to that city West of my capital?

How does that work?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:So what would happen if I sent a Baron over to that city West of my capital?

How does that work?
Just have Catt send the troops off to support somewhere else, abandon the city, and send the baron immediately before anyone else notices it.