Military City

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anyone have a screenshot of the most effective city design for troop building?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I don't think there is a single one. It kinda depends on the trade-offs you want between: Quick builds, large armies, and supportable armies.

I tend to layer rows of troops bldgs between rows of barracks. And then switch to all barracks when I'm to sufficient troop speed (Target for zerks <10s)

I also usually have about 15 farms/mills to support partial feeding, with 3 warehouses built directly against a mill in order to increase the amount of wheat I can hold.

Then cottages as needed to build crap faster. Like 15 or so.

With that build, I can fit just under 200k of ts in a village.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I agree with Catt. Depends on what you want. All of my military cities have iron clusters to keep a constant local supply. I have cottages in the beginning, then start tearing them down as the town gets older to make slots available for more military buildings. I cluster my barracks around troop buildings or troop buildings around barracks (need WAY more moonglow towers than you do training grounds for <10 build times).

So, I normally see how many building I need to get recruitment times down, figure in an iron cluster, then add barracks to maximize speed boost bonuses and keep adding farms to cover food costs. I have a minimum of 775k of food storage available as well for siege defense. Have to be able to feed the support troops!

So, all of my cities are different. I can feed infantry with one farm cluster. My cavalry cities need two food clusters, or a really big one.

I also build my cities around the natural resources, instead of nuking them all. If I can use them and get better returns/building, I do. So, no two of my cities are the same because each one has different needs and things available to it.

I don't do the "This city will produce all troops" thing because you can't get recruit times low enough.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I find that having enough cottages for 1500-1600% building speed is about as slow as I can tolerate, yet when I reach the "fine tuning" portion of the city near the end, I may dump cottages all together (except maybe some around farms?). I am reaching that point in a couple cities, and considering it.

Edited By GORDON on 1276892524
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote:I don't do the "This city will produce all troops" thing because you can't get recruit times low enough.
Oh yeah, the final trade-off: The # of types of troops you want to build. I generally don't build more than 2 types of troops in a single castle.

Right now I have:
2 that do only training grounds (zerks)
1 that does training grounds and stables (zerks and knights/scouts)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's what I was saying Gordon. Build cottages to get the city built. Then, at the end, tear down cottages and make them military buildings. I do leave cottages around the farms to make sure food production stays high enough for all the troops. Because sometimes, it's better to have a cottage in 'that spot' than another farm.