Recruiting

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Please recruit!! What I'm doing is watching the chat window. If someone says something, I check their info. If they are not in an alliance, I send them an invite and follow it up with a whisper saying that the invite is there.

I also try to answer questions about the game so the newbs like us and accept.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm as good at PR as Jayne Cobb.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Invite Daphne to the alliance.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You have that ability.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ahhhh thought it was a GM thing
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's why the thread opens up with "Please recruit!"!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Like I read threads.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, Nardpuppy's neighbor is in the Darknight alliance. They are probably going to be the biggest alliance on our continent. That person email him and asked what he needed to do so that Nard wouldn't attack him. The conversation progressed to the neighbor asking for an invite to join the alliance. There are two other higher level (800+/- point cities) in the area. So, not sure why he thinks Nard's 450 point city was that much of a threat.

So, do we recruit him? Shrink Darknights, grow TKV, or pass as he could be a spy. At the very least, he's a weeny that we can't count on.

We could leave him in DN and have him spy. But how reliable is that?

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1272338314
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No opinion.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nard is somewhat isolated on his side of the cont and is trying to increase TKV presense over there. Told him to try to recruit everyone between him and Leisher.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

First question that I need answered:

Are we PKs here or anti-PKs?

Knowing that will help determine how we should be treating anyone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm generally a "do whatever entertains me" person.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Since in-game chat sucks, I created a Skype chatroom, hit me at TheeCatt in skype to join.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm leaning towards PK. I almost always play the good guy, till the administration pisses me off. Then I set out to destroy the game. Since it's EA. . .

I'm not saying I want to destroy people's game, yet, but my thoughts are to be aggressive to get what we want. Many people talk about taking charge of their continent. I'd like to build up our continent and make a mass invasion of cont 42 to the north of us. I think it would be fun to have ships, etc heading up there to settle and launch a land invasion.

My plan is to take a Rome approach. Join us or die kind of thing. But be more 'political' about it. Not just send them a message that says "Join us or die". Maybe something like, "We are developing this area of the map that you are in. We'd like you to join us. And if you don't, we understand. However, we still need your city."

So, random invasions/attacks? No. Organized take overs as part of a larger plan? Absolutely.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1272377834
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Skype, as in the Internet telephone thing? If so, go with Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Most of us are already on Teamspeak.

I've never used them, but Teamspeak has build in authentication stuff so only registered people can join. So, it's not just a chat room with a password. Each user has a login/pass, and channel rights can be assigned to the users.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1272378012
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't even care about other people, I want to own territory.

What's funny is that this game almost HAS to get crippled the same way UO did. Too many people will whine about getting legally crushed and vow to never send money to this game again. The admins will listen because the accountants will bring pressure to bear.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I already predicted Trammel last night.

To own territory, I think we will need people. MIGHT even be worth it to ally with Darknights, so it could be a combined assault on Cont 42.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1272378197
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

How to alliances help? It's great if you can get everyone on to send a coordinated attack against a major city, but that seems like it would be really hard to organize with more than 3 people.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So you think you could capture territory on your own? Or with just 3 people? You attack a city, his friends send troops all day long. They may not arrive all at once, but there's a flow of troops heading there. You have to, with yourself and maybe three friends, have to match their flow of troops.

I'm not sure why sending a siege order to the alliance and it taking place over the course of a day would be hard to setup. Some people get there late and don't fight. But other, closer people will participate. We could also issue orders to get troops ready. "We will be launching a siege at 8:00pm". We don't have to have everyone's troops arrive at once. A siege takes time. You can't just 'take' a city. Just like building, you siege for a set amount of time. During the siege, you have to hold off enemy reinforcements, the cities guards, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote:Skype, as in the Internet telephone thing? If so, go with Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Most of us are already on Teamspeak.

I've never used them, but Teamspeak has build in authentication stuff so only registered people can join. So, it's not just a chat room with a password. Each user has a login/pass, and channel rights can be assigned to the users.
Yeah, but just for chat, I don't care about voice talk. It's basically IM.