Steve Miller

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Best acceptance ever.
"I don't know why I was nominated for this because I said this for 30 years," the 72-year-old musician said in the interview. "I don't get along with the people running it. When I found out about it, I felt like I was in a (expletive) reality TV show."

Of the evening as a whole, Miller said: "It wasn't very overwhelming. It was a lazy kind of night with a bunch of fat cats at the dinner table. It's not a real pleasant experience to tell you the truth."

Asked why, he said: "The reason ... is because they make it difficult for the artists. I think it's time for the people running this to turn it over to new people because it doesn't need to be this difficult. You don't need to insult every artist that comes along." He added: "People in the crews are nice, but people that are running it at the top have no concept of how to run a concert or how to run an award ceremony or how to take care of artists."

In the interview, Miller explained that he only appeared at the ceremony for the sake of his fans. "My fans take it seriously," he said. "I really didn't want to show up."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."