more concerts Malcolm is going to

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Quick recap ...

Saw Bad Religion in Minneapolis last week. Fucking rocked.

Going to see Nightwish on the 28th at the same joint.

Seeing the Boss & the E Street Band (probably their final joint tour) in November.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Malcolm wrote:Quick recap ...

Saw Bad Religion in Minneapolis last week. Fucking rocked.

Going to see Nightwish on the 28th at the same joint.

Seeing the Boss & the E Street Band (probably their final joint tour) in November.
Bad Religion is my all-time favorite band.
I'm jealous.

Never heard of Nightwish.

I never liked Bruce Springsteen.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I have a Nightwish CD.

edit - Winamp media library sez no.

Edited By GORDON on 1192906355
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Check out "Century Child." Easily their best shit. Last time I went to a Nightwish concert, they fucking rocked.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I think I have a Nightwish CD.

edit - Winamp media library sez no.
No Nightwish? What a waste.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ha ha.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The only kicker is that they have switched up female vox. I've only heard a short clip of the vid for a song on their new album (certainly out before the end of the month, maybe right now, ain't looked), & it sounded acceptable. They seem to have replaced one classically trained brunette w\ another, though, only w\ shorter hair.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:The only kicker is that they have switched up female vox. I've only heard a short clip of the vid for a song on their new album (certainly out before the end of the month, maybe right now, ain't looked), & it sounded acceptable. They seem to have replaced one classically trained brunette w\ another, though, only w\ shorter hair.
Listening to Nightwish now, like it.

If you like it, then you MUST sample Leaves' Eyes, Vinland Saga.

Must.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'll check it. My buddy said that we should go see And You Shall Know Us By Our Trail of Dead & Dethklok. Coming to Minneapolis. Fuckin' A. The dude that does the music for that (Brendan Small of "Home Movies" fame) has a fucking degree in guitar performance from Berkeley.

Edited By Malcolm on 1193376665
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Brutal. I would totally go see Dethklok.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nightwish concert rocked ass. The new chick they got doesn't sound quite as good as the last one (the last one being a criminally well talented, classically trained, operatic soprano), but she did a damned fine job anyhow. Definitely skewed towards their shit from this decade, but featured a few crowd favourites as well (the encore ended on "Wishmaster"). If they're coming near you, check them.

Official website & shit.

EDIT : Christ. Tonight's concert and weekly band practice has convinced me to invest in earplugs. I can't hear shit.

EDIT THE SECOND : After further investigation, the new singer appears to have come along cos the old one got hitched to some South American businessdude. The remaining four members of the band seem to have thought that aforementioned businessdude was trying to fuck w\ the band. It appears that Yoko Onos come in both genders.

Edited By Malcolm on 1193698214
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Bruce & the E Street band played possibly the tightest performance I've ever seen. Entertaining show. But Clarence looked like this'll be his last tour, ever, period.. Max was incredible. Bruce rocked.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Saw Dethklok tonight. The real band And You Shall Know Us by the Trail of Dead opened for Dethklok. Hearing "Thunderhorse" live rocked. Concert was free & very, very filled to capacity. & the drummer is the drummer from Helmet. Brendan Small actually looks life a halfway decent guitarist. They played all their music vids in the background. The vids beat the hell outta anything on MTV.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Amazing, for a joke cartoon death metal band...

I've read a lot of other concert reviews that pretty much said the same thing... except Dethklok used to be the opener, and everyone would leave after they played or boo AYSKUBTTOD continuously.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yeah, I hear that Trail of Dead was supposed to be a good band. As it stands, they just sound average. Dethklok sounded better. Certainly got 10x the crowd response of some band that supposedly did a European tour this summer.

The tremendously humourous bit is that the tickets were free, but you had to reserve them, in effect, cos space was limited. The line of people to get free tickets was many times the length of the line that was for people to show they printed tickets & get in. There were people offering to buy tickets to a free show. My buddy said, "Wouldn't it be great if some of these people couldn't get in & stood outside just to hear Dethklok?"

Edited By Malcolm on 1194537320
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A couple video clips from one of the shows.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabber....D=84363
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

So damn, concert season is picking up already.

January: Black Sabbath*
February: Springsteen*, Dropkick Murphys + Tiger Army, Megadeth, Slayer

* = going for certain

EDIT: Just did my normal scoping of websites for new shows.

Bought tix to MC Chris, Big Head Todd & the Monsters.

On sale this week:
Bob Mould
The Cult

Edited By Malcolm on 1452793675