Puscifer

Audio Tawk
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Got the album "Conditions of my Parole."

One of Maynard from Tool's side bands, this one is hard to summarize. Some of their songs are moody like Tool, but more rhythmic. Some of them are just...

Let me see how they are described in wikipedia...

Well, doesn't really describe their music.

I'll just say it is not as brilliant as Tool, but Tool hasn't had an album in 10 years and this is Maynard singing some good rock songs.

Here's a tune off the album I like.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/x3ab6jnPb6k?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/x3ab6jnPb6k?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's one everyone else seems to like.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/SDCqQeF1Ct8?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/SDCqQeF1Ct8?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's the whole album.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/UPyJ1hu4Mv4?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/UPyJ1hu4Mv4?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Here's how an amazon review described this band:
Puscifer is the brainchild of Tool/A Perfect Circle front man Maynard James Keenan. Where Tool is dark and brooding, Puscifer is effervescent and beat driven. The band's 2007 debut, V is for Vagina, sold over 100,000 copies in the U.S. and Puscifer made two treks across the States for a unique concert experience that coupled music with comedy and thematic evenings of entertainment. Spin said of the debut album: ""...sharp and giant-sounding, with a delightfully subversive sense of melody"" while Kerrang described the set as ""Filthy, sexy, electronic beats that writhe and shake it like Tool never could."" With Conditions of My Parole, Keenan retreated to his Arizona homestead, recording the twelve-track album he describes as ""Twin Peaks in the desert."" The result is twelve slightly sinister yet perversely danceable songs that use the notoriously reclusive Keenan's surroundings as inspiration.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's a new Puscifer almbum, Money Shot. I've given it a few listens, it is excellent... sort of moody pop rock.

Here's a song:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:560px; height:315px;" data="//www.youtube.com/v/qtZJiQSmJ9g?color2=FBE9EC&version=3">
<param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/qtZJiQSmJ9g?color2=FBE9EC&version=3" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
</object>

or two:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:560px; height:315px;" data="//www.youtube.com/v/vd6gWzuVb5Q?color2=FBE9EC&version=3">
<param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/vd6gWzuVb5Q?color2=FBE9EC&version=3" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
</object>