Summerland Tour

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Everclear, Toadies, Fuel, ... and someone else I don't give a flying fuck about. Going in a bit under a month.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435195861
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tonight, bitches. Hello, 1999.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Decent swag haul. Toadies t-shirt. Signed Fuel CD. Got to meet Art Alexakis from Everclear at the merch table after the show, got him to sign my t-shirt. Nice dude. Been through some shit.
Alexakis' father left the family, financial difficulties forced Alexakis' mother to relocate the family to the Mar Vista Gardens housing projects in California, located near Culver City. Alexakis was sexually abused by older kids in his neighborhood. His brother George died of a heroin overdose when Alexakis was 12. That same year, Alexakis' 15-year-old girlfriend committed suicide. Not long after her death, Alexakis unsuccessfully attempted suicide by filling his pockets with sand and lead weights, and jumping off the Santa Monica Pier.
Eventually, Alexakis suffered a near-fatal cocaine overdose, which finally pushed him to clean up.

Props to the frontman/rhythm guitarist from American Hi-Fi filling in on drums for Everclear.

Edited By Malcolm on 1438359780
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Alexakis' father left the family

Hence the song "Father of Mine". I didn't know he went through all of that shit. Just shows how important a father is in young kids lives.

Always liked Everclear. Would have been a good show to see.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!