Questions

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That I'm too lazy to look up at the moment:

1. When is "power hour"? Does this server even have it?

2. How many ingots did it take May (or is it Chloe?) to get GM Blacksmith?

3. Would BM gain faster in town?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

1. There is no power hour. That came in like 2000 or later.
2. About 30-35k. She started at 50 skill.
3. Negative. Doesn't matter where you do it.

Pretty much all skills get painfully slow after about 85. From 97 to 100 is hellish.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What is the true advantages to becoming a GM in blacksmithing?

Do you always make exceptional gear?
Does your gear last longer?
Does it hit for more or protect better?
Can you more easily use the better ores like valorite?

Are there any more houses available in the Yew area? I really need to get a vendor going.

I still have tons of magic stuff to sell. Plus, my blacksmith could be making exceptional light armor and weapons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The chance of making exceptional gear depends on what you are making. Some things are easier to make than others.
As far as the stats (hit harder, last longer, etc), I'm not sure. I don't know the formulas they use on the server. Back in the day, I believe that not all exceptional weapons were equal. A GM blacksmith would create different qualities of exceptional weapons. Kind of like the min/max values were on a sliding scale. But again, I don't know what formulas are used here, so I couldn't say if there are varrying values.
I don't know about colored ores either. I'm pretty sure that your ability to work with colored ores is tied to your skill, so I'm guessing GM will work with them better. For instance, I don't think a 50 point smith can work with valorite at all.

There are both house spots within a couple screens from the gate as well as spots for vendors at our houses.

I doubt you will sell anything made by you smith without it being tagged with your name. Even if it's the same exact quality as a GM, people probably wouldn't buy it. So, I guess that's the main advantage of being GM. You get your name on your item and people will buy it. But, I could be wrong.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Oh hey, After posting that vendor thing on the forums, i've gotten two separate pms asking to buy that house...

People are jealous of your yew gate monopoly!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

hehe What are they offering? Or are they just hoping you say "Sure, 30k would be good!".
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yeah... no pricing mentioned... just "dood i want to buy it"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

$100 USD.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

On the forums, a house near the Yew gate just went for 97K.

I missed the auction by a day or I would've bought it at that price.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's another house that's for sale accoring to it's sign. Contact Bizzarorollins (or something like that) if interested. I used to buy my potion kegs from him. I think he got tired of doing the vendor thing and is cashing out. I sent him a message asking about the price, but he just said he's not sure what it's worth. I paid 125k for mine, and the other one sold for 97k. I'd put his closer to the 97k range as it's further away than my 125k house.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, I'm broke again for the moment. I bought a shit load of ingots and I'm going to see if Herman can get his 9 additional points to make GM.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

How much did you pay per ingot and how many did you buy? Curious what you found.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, I've been scanning the forums and saw most people talking about ingots in the 6 per range, so that's where I bought them. I have no idea if I overpaid, and to be honest, don't really care unless I'm supposed to be paying 2 per or something like that.

I bought 18000. 8 more points to GM.