TV Themes

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

100 Greatest

The list seems to be a bit biased. The 70s and 80s get all the respect. I didn't see much of anything post 1990.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I agree the theme songs from then were better. They had more personality. A lot of shows now just use crappy bits of synth music.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Ok, I agree Sanford and Son should be #1. I mean, it's Quincy Freakin' Jones.

Hawai'i 5-0 should have been higher ranked. And where's the Friends theme? And People's Court?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

And where's the Friends theme? And People's Court?

Exactly.

The Friends theme sold albums, yet its not there? The Scrubs theme is doing the same yet its also not there. Ditto for The Greatest American Hero.

The biggest controversy of Monk isn't the mistakes made by the writers regarding the main character's disease, but due to the change of theme songs. Everybody loved the original and some asshat at USA changed it to a country song. Yet, Monk's not on the list either.

And what about Family Guy?

Like I said, its a bit slanted to older shows.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The first thing I thought was, "WKRP" better be on there.

And it was.

And I linked to a WKRP website and laughed at all the quotes.

Fucking music industry wont release the music rights so WKRP can be released on DVD. Cocksuckers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."