Music Suggestions

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I couldn't find anything of Adiago

I believe its by Beethoven. Its mainly piano, if not all piano.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I sort of suspect the title isn't just "Adagio," because that would be like calling your song "Ballad." Or more precisely: "Slow."

Typically a longer piece, such as a symphony, concerto, or sonata, will have a section or movement called "Adagio," because it's played slowly.

If it's just a piano by itself, it's probably a piano sonata.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pardon my musical ignorance Thib, I've just always seen this particular song listed as "Adiago".

This is a sample of the song.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:I've just always seen this particular song listed as "Adiago".
That's odd, because when I click the link you provided, the media player says it's playing something called "Pno Son no. 14 c#, Op.27 No.2."

When I google that, I find out that it's quite commonly called the "Moonlight" Sonata. The first movement is, indeed, an Adagio Sustenuto---that means "slow and sustained."

However, it would be a "waste" of your time to look for music files of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you were here, and I had a ladder, I'd bitch slap you for being a smart ass.

Actually, I was introduced to that piece via a file that labeled it simply "Adiago". Whether I "wasted" my time finding it, well, I'm not sure. I believe I may have gotten it out of a knapsack back when it was free.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I'm tell you now it would be a waste of time trying to find Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I had previously wasted my time looking for that song a few months back.

In fact, if you were to waste your time looking at my efforts, you'd see where my confusion came from.
69-1098720866

Post by 69-1098720866 »

Ok, boys, settle down. And thanks Leisher.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

EKaye86 wrote:Ok, boys, settle down. And thanks Leisher.
So what music service are you using to do this?
It's not me, it's someone else.
69-1098720866

Post by 69-1098720866 »

I used to use KaZaa or whatever its called, but it liked to give my computer lots of viruses and whatnot. So now I use WinMX, not as much selection but good enough for me.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Kazaa is crap. Kazaa Lite (a cracked, ad-free version of Kazaa) works well, but is increasingly difficult to download because it't not legal.

WinMX is pretty good.

I put eMule on a computer last week, and that seems to work really well. I like it better than WinMX. You might want to try that one.

I don't think I have any file sharing programs on my PC now. I just don't have the need to download music or stuff like that.
Zetleft

Post by Zetleft »

The problem with emule is you pretty much have to dedicate a computer to it to get the benefit of it. Takes it a long time to get decent speeds.

You can use one client to find the installer for kazaalite though :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Napster worked pretty well for me last week.
It's not me, it's someone else.