FYI stuff

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:Can I co-own the Forge? Would that fix anything? I don't care about having any other houses.
Bump.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Don't we own the house right next to the forge too?

Give him/let him buy that one!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My point being, if we're not going to have convenient access to our Guild HQ as a guild, then we might as well not have a HQ at all do our own thing and just meet up to fight.

Having to jump through too many hoops to access our gear is going to lead to mistakes and getting looted.

Edited By GORDON on 1241288854
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, you can co-own. But why? You will still have to lock doors and/or not use unsecure chests. The only thing being co-owner does is let you release things and not own your own house.

Once everyone is macro/trained up, that security issue goes away too. But is still easily solved by locking yourself in a room. No need to lock the front doors ever again. That key ring in the chests has the keys to all the upstairs rooms as well.

IF we end up with so much stuff that we out grow the capacity of the secure chests, then we do what we did at the forge. Have unsecure chests behind locked down tables. Dedicated characters live behind those tables and pass things forward to our mains. The tables are never released, thus, there's never a mistake and an opening to looters.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was told there weren't enough secures to go around.

I was told locked chests are now lockpickable.

I did not hear any good alternative to anything, how we can make the guild semi-easily accessible, and secure. Carrying keys absolutely will not work. We will ALL forget to bank them from time to time.

Tell me how we're all, as a group, going to have our own easy access to loot chests to sort shit, easy access to potions/weaps/armor/etc, and security.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Have you been to the forge? There are 4 chest out front stocked with equipment. None locked, all secure. There are two chest out front for quick loot dumps. None locked, all secure. There are three chests in the back that store raw materials and stuff that needs to be recycled (that came from the loot chests). None locked, all secure. There can be a secure chest in a room upstairs that holds the key to that room's door so that door can be locked for safe macroing. That key never leaves the room and lives in that secure, not locked chest.

No, there are not enough secures to go around for everyone to store personal loot at the forge. Co-owning doesn't change that. We are still limited to the number of secures a tower can have.

If you want personal completely secure loot storage greater than what your bank can hold, you will need your own house. Or, the guild needs to store less combat equipment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why don't you all go explore other guilds' towers and see how they have them setup?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I have been to the forge, but I don't think I was able to get into any of those floating chests that I saw, so I don't know anything about what is in them or how the system is set up.

But I may be misremembering... I was trying to rob more houses before I got the the forge, and I saw "That is secure" about a million times last night.

Now, I've also seen a million "That appears to be locked," and you're telling me that isn't secure? Because if those aren't secure then there is a fortune to be made by GMing whatever skill opens them up. Almost every house has at least one that is reachable.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Didn't houses get a set # of containers you could secure so that only listed folk got to take from them? Then the rest were free for all (you could lock them down & they wouldn't physically move)? Lockpicking opened them. That was the way to make cash on Siege Perilous, make a thief, go pick some spawn chests in the dungeons.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

make sure you are friended at the forge then. With changes of ownership and stuff while shuffling things around, maybe you didn't get refriended. NOTHING in the forge should be off limits to you.

If you are finding reachable locked chests, then yes, we need to get Troy's treasure hunter to those spots and work the locks. However, those owners SHOULD be smart enough to have purchased GM made chests, which would require a GM locksmith to open them. But then, they left themselves open to that, so, maybe they aren't smart enough to get GM made. . . dunno. But ya, definately we need to get a locksmith to those chests.

Also, just curious, how many times have you blown up while checking chests in houses? I've blown up once so far.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I can open GM made lockboxes 100% of the time, so yeah, show me at these locked but not secure boxes
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Never blown up while opening chests.

And I see these things in at least every 3rd or 4th house, it seems. Just start scouting around, I guess.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok, back to stuff we should all be aware of (boy did this get derailed). T-B are allies with -F-. I came to this conclusion because:

-F- always shows up when fighting T-B. Not T^B, but T-B.

ATL are allies with -F-. See reason above. Always showing up when we get into fights with them.

Conclusion:
-F-, ATL and T-B are all allies. They defend each other on the message boards as well.

I may be jumping to conclusions or something. But, it's not often that I'm fighting one, where another of the other guilds shows up as well.

Fighting stuff:

I was scouting and saw a dead Options (T-B) in a dungeon. There was another player there. I gave a warning that T-B pks were probably on the way. That person left (I think more nervous that I was there than anything else) and within SECONDS, an -F- red was there. Hell, could have been the guy I warned. He may have been hunting with Options. Anyway, that dude showed up. Being a hiding/tracking mage, I don't do well in 1v1's in close quarters with hally mages. So, I scramble. He caught up with me and I tried to recall. He rapid fired weakness on me. He would get the fizzle sound, because you can only weaken someone once (can't be weakened while already weakened). However, it would disrupt my recall none the less. He'd rapid fire this and hit me with his hally. So, weaken disrupts recall. Would LOVE to know the timing thing because no matter how many times I tried last night, I could NOT disrupt Killer J's heals. Tried ebolt and harm. Anyway, I eventually got away. Point being, rapid firing weaken disrupted my recalls. Every single one of them. Spammed it a good 10 times in between hally hits. Disrupted every time.

So, be aware.