Rap is dead?

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Please, if rap survived Alan Iverson's album, it's hardier than anyone guessed.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, I guarantee you that P Diddy's career is over.

Seriously though, if you really examine this ruling, this is a huge blow to the rap industry. I'd guess that the majority of rap songs sample. Now, they can't or they'll have to pay. I would also assume that the people who own the songs being sampled could also refuse to allow the sampling.

This is obviously a ruling made to keep the black man down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

If samples are outlawed, only outlaws will have samples.

Which, I guess, most rappers are.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Rap died a looooong time ago.

If Hammer's career hadn't been over already, it would be now.
Autumn

Post by Autumn »

Rap was cool back in like 1994, It's been over and done with, especially since this whole "fitty cent" and his "G-Unit" crew.. there big PHONEYS, fitty cent ran from some native guy who picked a fight with lloyd banks and fitty cent, lloyd banks got beat up and lost his G UNIT necklace and fitty ran... teach him to come to Canada :)