The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:28 pm So... do parents get a choice here, or does the government? You want the government to control this?
Why are you defending pedos? Did you move to Alabama? Also, I think the left has made it very clear where they stand when it comes to the trans movement and parental rights. So I'm just following their lead.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:28 pm I'm not aware we need to
Then let's stop having them? And certainly stop defending them.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:28 pm Why can't people make that decision?
They can, but CPS should be waiting to take their kids away.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:28 pm Why do you want the government making it for you?
Because taking the law into my own hands is frowned upon.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:42 pm Why are you defending pedos? Did you move to Alabama? Also, I think the left has made it very clear where they stand when it comes to the trans movement and parental rights. So I'm just following their lead.
Nudists aren't pedos.
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:42 pm Then let's stop having them? And certainly stop defending them.
Got it, nanny state it is.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

You're not stupid enough for those to be serious replies.

Stop trolling.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Lauren Boerbert: Teen moms are good.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Politicians are our leaders because they're our "best and brightest".
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:05 am Politicians are our leaders because they're our "best and brightest".

I cry a little every time I'm reminded that Tuberville is a US Senator.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of Tuberville...

I'd like to know what federal law he thinks is being broken.

Back to your tweet, it's hilarious that right wingers think Fox is being run by liberals because left wingers think CNN is being taken over by conservatives.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Hutchinson: "Trump wasn't awesome for the GOP."

You think?

An entitled, narcissistic cunt who filed bankruptcy multiple times and was a lifelong D turns R and runs for president overnight out of petty spite then spreads wild lies at every possible chance has led your party astray? You don't say...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

A lot of Rs are going to vote against raising the debt ceiling.

I realize this is political posturing to try and get more in negotiations, but the sentiment isn't wrong. You don't balance a budget or start eliminating debt by spending more. At some point you need to be financially responsible.

We, as citizens, are expected to live within our means, so why don't we hold the government to the same standard?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Resigned.
Rep. Bryan Slaton resigned from the Texas House on Monday after an investigation determined that he had an inappropriate sexual relationship with a 19-year-old woman on his staff, providing her with enough alcohol before their encounter that she felt dizzy and had double vision.

Pressure had mounted on the Royse City Republican to resign since Saturday, when the House General Investigative Committee released a 16-page report finding Slaton, who is 45 and married, had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with his aide. The committee of three Republicans and two Democrats recommended that Slaton be the first state representative expelled from the body since 1927.
The committee report said Slaton had invited the 19-year-old woman to his Austin apartment late March 31 and gave her a large cup of rum and coke, then refilled it twice — rendering her unable to “effectively consent to intercourse and could not indicate whether it was welcome or unwelcome.”

In other questionable actions, Slaton also provided alcohol to the aide and another woman under the age of 21 on several occasions, the report said.

The report also alleged that after Slaton and the woman had unprotected sex in the early hours of April 1, Slaton drove her home, and she later went to a drugstore to purchase Plan B medication to prevent a pregnancy. Slaton, a staunch abortion opponent, later tried to intimidate the woman and her friends into not speaking about the incident, the report said.

On Sunday, the Texas House Freedom Caucus, a group that includes some of the most socially conservative lawmakers in the chamber who are usually politically aligned with Slaton, also called for his resignation.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Bye.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Ohhhh.... "Underage" meaning not old enough to drink, not a minor. But an adult. And legal to drink in 3rd world Canada.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

If he had simply screwed her, or stuck a cigar in her pussy, we could get past that. Even the article just says "inappropriate". As you said, she's an adult.

Getting her drunk first and then threatening her later crosses lines and feels "rapey".

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I prefer my woman to be consenting participants in sex.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I stopped reading in disgust when I saw how the author was trying to be so manipulative. I figured nothing else mattered at that point because it would be neither honest nor objective, and at that point probably not factual.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

stealing cash meant for an Iraq War veteran’s dying dog
Death penalty.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:48 pm
stealing cash meant for an Iraq War veteran’s dying dog
Death penalty.
Defense concurs.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

I'm surprised Santos lasted this long. The boogey man for Florida, Texas, North Carolina and other red states right now are trans people and cross dressers.

And here's Santos, in an earlier life.

(OH MY GOD THE PICTURE IS HUGE AND TERRIFYING - I'M PUTTING IN A SPOILER TAG)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:01 pm The boogey man for Florida, Texas, North Carolina and other red states right now are trans people and cross dressers.
I've heard this, and I think it's true, but not the full picture. The same as how AR-15s and white supremacy is the boogey man for left leaning states. Both sides lean into current events to spin them however they need to win votes and public support.

Trans people have definitely been a target, but I don't think it's transadults. They've been around forever, but the mainstream has never really cared previously. (Although, there are ALWAYS people who react poorly to anything different.) It's the insistence upon pushing the neopronouns (which even most LGBQT+ people think are bullshit), the use of other bathrooms, the forcing folks to accept the person as the other sex (like in women's sports or awards for women), the pushing of drugs and surgeries on kids (which even a lot of the trans community has spoken out against), trying to get pedos accepted as MAPs, telling people who won't date a transperson that they're bigots (Image someone telling you that you have to be attracted to them.), teachers pushing gender identity in classrooms, and so on. Hell, this stuff has even turned a large percentage of LGB (without the QT+) and feminists against the trans movement because they feel they're being used and/or having their movements taken over for that purpose rather than their original purpose.

Simply put: If adults continued to do whatever they want to do without forcing others to play along and didn't push it on kids (like the trans toddlers and whatnot), this wouldn't be the boogeyman for the right. They'd be pushing something else.

I've started to try and take more stuff with a grain of salt when it comes to what I hear from each side about the other. Both sides create their talking points to make their base feel superior and scared at the same time. The truth is never what they say.