Shopping

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Where can I find full spell books?

What is a good price for a full spell book?

What is a good price for ingots?

I forget the rules on Rune books. Are they blessed?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ask Cake and co. about full spell books.

Not blessed, so I make three at a time, and just keep them in my bank for when i die (this is for my lock picking circuit 98.0 last night booyaa!)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I also want to know the best areas to shop. I thought the Yew gate was the good area, but most of the vendors there suck. Stuff isn't marked well, it's over priced, and even worse, most vendors there seem to never be stocked. Either things sell out fast or the folks who put the vendors there are lazy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

If you see a weapon on my vendor, the one magic weapon one, that you want, just let me know, and i'll probably just let you have it.

It's located right above the moongate in the studded armor.

As for other places, what exactly are you trying to buy, the vendors around the moongate always have what i'm looking for.

@Cake
(Like every DPed kyrss you guys made... HA)

(P.S. let me give you money to poison stuff for me!)

Edited By Troy on 1242137183
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You are buying our stuff?!?/ Stop doing that!! You can have it. I don't want the hassle of restocking!

I'd rather have the regs. You'd save money, and I don't like shopping the regs!

And ya, what are you looking for Leisher? I buy alot of stuff from the Yew vendors.

And honestly, things really do sell out that fast.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm always shopping for ingots. I have Leisher mining for strength and ingots, but haven't had a lot of time to do it this week. Thus, Herman has been a bit stalled on his way to GM blacksmith.

I need full spellbooks for Leisher and a pure mage that I'm working on.

That's pretty much all I need. I'd love to say something like I need a house or cash, but honestly, I don't yet. Once Herman hits GM blacksmith, I might be able to start selling stuff on a vendor, but he's not there yet.

If you have the stuff I need or want to drop off anything out of the kindness of your heart you know where I live. Which brings up a question about the secure chests. Can someone come into my house and put something into the secure chest even if they're not a friend of the house?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

This is May, btw.

I can hook you up with full spellbooks, runebooks (full or empty), and recalls. Just post what you need here, and I'll start working on it. My scribe isn't quite GM yet, so this is good training for her.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

(And now, back go the real Cakedaddy)

No to the chest thing. Secures are secure both ways.

Check the UOSA forums for people selling ingots. They go for 5.5-6.5 there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks May. The full spell books are really my only big need, although if you guys have bandages laying around I'll take some. No big deal on those though as they seem to be pretty cheap.

I can swing by the tower to pick anything up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sheep = bandages
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Don't you have like 10k Gordon?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, but that would necessitate me getting online to transfer them.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

May again.

Leisher I dropped 2 full spellbooks off at the tower. Main room, bottom right chest. They are in a hot pink bag.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I can't open it as it's secured.

Let me know when you're normally online and I'll swing bye to grab them.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote:Yeah, but that would necessitate me getting online to transfer them.
It's like your trying not to play.

Can I have your stuff?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote:I can't open it as it's secured.

Taran owns the house. When you are on, make sure you are on Steam. I'll message you when I log in next. I'll be on Steam as well. Message me when you log on. Takes about 10 seconds to friend you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:
GORDON wrote:Yeah, but that would necessitate me getting online to transfer them.
It's like your trying not to play.

Can I have your stuff?
Just been busy lately.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote:I can't open it as it's secured.

May here.

Should be online late this evening (After 11 pm). Since you're not friended at the forge, I'll stop by and grab the spellbooks. I'll be training my scribing at the Yew Abbey for a couple of hours tonight. If you're available, I can hand your books off to you then. My char. is Maydchen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I'll make sure I get on sometime after 11 to meet you.

While I'm here, I have two questions:

1. What is the trick to stacking chests? I've tried and tried, but they always end up inside the lower chest.

2. I'm starting to build a stockpile of magic items. Without a vendor should I sit on them until I get one?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:1. What is the trick to stacking chests? I've tried and tried, but they always end up inside the lower chest.

The chests drop on cells on the map (isometric 2-D grid). Drag a chest to an empty cell. Drop it. Drag another there, & drop it. BUT make sure your pointer is on the bit of the cell that's visually not covered by the first chest. You want the footprint of the cell minus the footprint of the first chest. That's how I remember doing it.

Edited By Malcolm on 1242422289
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."